Missing Person

Disclaimer: rights to ABC and Odette Beane.

I'm sorry it took so long to update. I'm going to the beach this Friday, and I won't have wifi until I get back on the twentieth, but I promise to write the chapters so that as soon as I get wifi, I will update my book!

I got back to the station, but nothing was happening, so I hopped on my motorcycle and went to the docks.

"Hi, Ash." I turned. Charlotte was there.
"Hey, Charli. What are you doing here?"
"Just going for a walk. You?"
"I think better while I'm near the ocean."
"What are you thinking about?"
"Lots of different stuff, job, parents, you know."
"Family trouble?" Charli asked.
"You could say that. I don't have any family...here anyways."
"Me too," Charli said, "They died in a car accident."
I wondered if that was really what happen in the Enchanted Forest, a carriage accident more likely than a car, or if this was just Charli's story for Storybrooke. I made a mental note to ask Henry if she seemed familiar to him in any way, even if he didn't know who she was, or didn't recognize Charli in his book, she might have some of the same traits as one of the other characters...maybe her parents?
"I'm sorry to hear that," I said.
"Its fine, I don't miss them, I do fine on my own."
"Same, who needs parents all their life, yeah?" I said, attempting a smile.
"You miss your parents, don't you?"
"Yeah, sometimes."
"Me too," Charli said.
"Well, I never knew my mum. She left me with my dad... she could be dead, or alive, I don't know. My dad...he was a jerk, only cared about himself. He used any means necessary to take care of himself, used to say he was doing all this for me. But he wasn't. I left when I was really young, spent a long time on an island, and than came here."
"Long time? How long did you spend there."
"Long, long time. I'm older than I look."
"Really? How old are you."
"Technically, twenty one."
"I'm twenty, turn twenty one in June."
"Ooh, I get to be the old one," I said, smiling.
"Yeah," Charli chuckled, "So does this mean we're friends?"
"Yeah, friends."

After going to the coffee shop with Charli, I went back to the station. I was just heading back to my apartment when Emma came in.
"So, how'd your date go?"
"How did you know I had a date, wait, it wasn't a date."
"I saw you get on a motorcycle with he guy everyone has been nervous about. So...how'd it go?"
"He took me to an old town well and told me the history of it."
I laughed, thinking of how that seemed like August.
"He sounds like a real charmer," I said, still laughing.
"Sure..."
"Well, I'm headed out. See you soon, sheriff."
"Yeah, see you."

I was exhausted as I headed home. And I was worried about Mary Margaret. The whole town was talking about the affair, and things were going to get ugly. As I was walking down main street, I saw something sticking out from a pile of leaves behind an old pickup truck.  I frowned and knelt to investigate, I could not believe what I was seeing. The book. Henry's book. I dialed Emma on my phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey, I found Henry's book. It was on the street behind an old pickup. Where are you?"
"I'm leaving the station now? What street are you on?"
"Um, Broad."
"Okay, see you in a minute." I hung up the phone. Emma got there a minute later.
"After all this looking and it was just sitting here?"
"Apparently, aren't you glad you don't have to look anymore."
Emma grunted, "Sure..."
Emma stood up, dusted it off, flipped through the pages. Emma opened to a story that had a picture of Rumpelstiltskin before closing it.
"I'm going to take this back to the station," I said, "you can give it to Henry when he can come in whenever."
"I'm coming too," Emma said, "I forgot my jacket."
We walked back to the station, and immediately the phone started ringing. The first was a call from a motorist, the next from David, and the third from Regina.
"Emma," I said, "Kathryn is missing. She's nowhere to be found. Her car, empty, was in the ditch near the edge of town. She's gone."