Enchanted Forest

Disclaimer: All rights to ABC, Adam Horowitz, and Eddie Kitsis. Only Ashton and Charli are mine.

Another update. Sorry for such a long gap between chapters. School has been really hard. :/
The next chapter will list the winners of the contest. It will not be a full story chapter, just about that contest. Entries are closed now. Thanks for entering babes.

Mary Margaret, Emma, and I were being pulled along behind two ladies on horses. They did not say their names. When we had woken up, they had already had our hands tied together. As soon as we stood up, they grabbed the ropes that bound our hands and hopped on their horses, leaving us to walk behind them, staggering along.
"What is this place?" Mary Margaret asked as we were pulled along.
"Our home," one of the ladies replied simply, nudging her horse along.
When we finally stopped walking, it was because we had gotten to a small village. Everything was dirty, the people were wearing rags.
"It looks like they're refugees," Emma muttered as we walked along.
"We're survivors," the same lady who had talked to Mary Margaret said.
We kept walking, pushed along. Suddenly, Mary Margaret spun around and elbowed one of them in the face. She grunted,
"Emma, run!"
We all did run, but to no avail. Just as quickly as it had started, the lady had picked up a slingshot, dug into the ground for a rock, and Mary Margaret was on the ground, unconscious.
"Mary Margaret! Mary Margaret!" Emma said desperately, getting on the ground next to her. "What did you do?!"
"Take them to the pit," the lady simply replied. Two people grabbed us and threw us into a dark room.
"Be careful!" Emma exclaimed as they roughly dragged Mary Margaret into the room. "Hey! Be careful! Hey, come on, wake up," she muttered to Mary Margaret.
"Do you need help?" I heard a voice from the shadows.
"Who are you?"
"A friend," the voice said softly. "My name is Cora."

Mary Margaret still had not woken up. Emma had begun talking to Cora, despite my warning. I knew Cora. More so, Cora knew me. She was the whole reason I had left Hook in the first place. If she thought I was going to trust that scary witch, she was oh so wrong.
"Are you sure she's going to be okay?" Emma asked Cora.
"Don't worry. She'll be fine."
"What is this place? Where are we?"
"It's a little island our captors like to think of as their haven."
"Yeah, bit detailed thanks. She means, where. The Enchanted Forest was supposedly gone. That's what we were told."
"This is the Enchanted Forest. What's left of it anyways."
"They can't keep us down here," Emma said, hitting the dirt wall. "We didn't do anything wrong!"
"Neither did I," Cora said.
"Oh please," I scoffed. "Then why are you here?"
"I'm here of something my daughter did. The curse that ravaged this land? She cast it?"
"Regina?" Emma asked surprisedly. "You're Regina's mother?!"
"I see the resemblance," I said.
"Yes," Cora replied to Emma, ignoring me. "But you have nothing to fear from me. The apple fell very far from the tree."
Emma looked wary, but she didn't push the subject.
"You're from over there, aren't you?" Cora asked. "How'd you get back here?"
Just now, Mary Margaret decided to wake up, alarmingly yelling,
"Emma! No..."
"Oh, Snow, you're awake. I'm so relieved."
"As bad as you think Regina is, this woman is worse."
"Oh, Snow," Cora whispered. "Sweet Snow, pleas believe me. Whatever she told you isn't true. I just want to help you."
"Let's hear her out," Emma whispered, barely audible. "Okay. Right now, we're at the bottom of a hole with no other options. And Henry is back in Storybrooke with Regina."
"Who's Henry?" Cora asked.
"My son. I kind of share him with Regina. It's complicated."
"Don't talk to her!" Mary Margaret interjected.
"Enough!" A voice said from above. "Our leader requests an audience."

"Why couldn't you have just listened to me?" Mary Margaret began as we were escorted away from the pit.
"Why couldn't you have trusted me?" Emma replied. "I was just trying to find a way to get us home. I could have handled her."
"Cora?! Don't be so sure.I've lived here, Emma."
"Wait here," the guy who was escorting us said as he went inside a small tent.
Mary Margaret continued, "I know this world and its dangers.
Emma huffed. "Is that why you came through the portal? Because you thought I was helpless here?"
"No. I came through to be with you."
They both shared a half smile. I rolled my eyes. God, sounds like a soap opera.
A dark skinned guy in full armor stepped out of the tent the big man had gone into.
"Lancelot?" Mary Margaret asked, turning to see him full on.
"Snow?" He replied, looking at her in disbelief. They both laughed as they embraced each other in a long hug.
"Wait, if I had known that you were the prisoners Mulan had brought back, I never would've locked you away. Please, forgive me," Lancelot said.
"Of course!" Mary Margaret smiled.
"Lancelot?" Emma asked. "Really?"
"He's an old friend," Mary Margaret said. "We can trust him."

  .................................................................................................................................................................

A plate of Chimera was placed in front of us. Not exactly a delicacy, but I had eaten my fair share of it in my past.
"What the hell is that?" Emma asked, staring wide eyed at the wide boned meat on the table.
"That is Chimera," Lancelot replied. "An acquired taste, but all our hunting party could bring back.  One part lion, one part serpent, one part goat."
"Like a turducken?"
"I don't understand," I said. "We were told this land didn't even exist anymore. How did you all escape the curse?" It had been going through my mind this whole time. Mainly because of one thing: if Hook wasn't in Storybrooke, than wasn't the chance that he would be here? I did not exactly feel like running into him after fifty plus years of separation.
"It is a mystery," he replied, "the curse struck, and when the smoke cleared, most of us had been torn from this land. But some of us here, in this particular region, were left behind. We don't know how and we don't know why. Finding this safe haven wasn't easy. It took some spilt blood. But, worry not, you're safe here."
"We can't stay," Mary Margaret said while Emma began choking on a piece of Chimera, taking a huge gulp of water. Mary Margaret continued, "My husband's back there. Emma's son, my grandson. We have to get back to them. Can you help us find a portal?"
"No, leaving is unwise. The Enchanted Forest is not as you remember it. The Ogres have returned."
"Ogres?" Emma asked. "Like, as in "Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum?"
"Those would be giants," I said.
"Ogres," Lancelot cut in, "are far worse. That's why we live here on this island, where it's safe. Please, Snow, stay here. There are no more portals left."
"I might know of one," Mary Margaret replied.
"You do?" Emma said, raising her eyebrows.
"Where?" Lancelot asked.
"Cora's near," She replied, "I don't feel comfortable voicing in my plans. She;s powerful."
"Not anymore," Lancelot said. "The curse stripped her of her powers. But given her reputation, we've kept her locked up for safety precautions."
"Nevertheless," Mary Margaret said, "I'm not taking a chance. Trust me, I have a way. Let us go."
"I'll allow it," Lancelot said, "but on one condition. Take my bravest warrior with you. Allow Mulan to defend you."
One of the ladies who had captured us earlier stepped forward. She was the same one who had answered Mary Margaret's questions.
"We can defend ourselves," Emma said, but Mary Margaret ignored her, replying,
"Deal. Thank you, Lancelot. For always looking out for me."

So another chapter done. What do you babes think? I'm going to post the next chapter which will be the contest winners tonight or early tomorrow if I have time. Most likely tonight. Thank you all so much for reading, liking, and commenting. It really means a lot!

Are you babes excited for Hook? He's in the story very, very, VERY soon (like one chapter soon). So get excited for that!!
Love you babes,
Liz xx