Accomplices

"This is absolutely the stupidest thing you have ever done!" I say as Hook and I run.
"Probably," he replies. "But how else are we going to get into the cells?"
"I'm more worried about how we're going to get out! Please tell me you thought about that before we do all this for naught."
"I assume I'll get a trial or something. That's a chance to get out."
"I'll? Which means?"
"Watch where the guards take me. Watch for a way to get in. Save us. It's simple," Hook says.
"Simply stupid! This plan is faulty. How am I supposed to get you out?"
"I trust you'll figure that out, you're a smart lass."
"I hate you," I say.
"Love you, too. Now when we get to this next section of people, stop running and I'm going to slow down to get caught. Make sure you follow and see where the guards take me."
"Right, got it. Really simple. Watch, follow, get two people out of a jail of a sultan. Simple."
We are into the group of people now.
"Go," Hook says and I stop running and break away from him. Hook slows down until he is running at a very slow rate and the guards catch up. They grab him harshly, one of them taking the jewelry and walking back towards the stall from which Hook took it, none of them noticing that two criminals had been at the scene of the crime. The whole crowd is watching as the guards walk Hook away roughly, so it does not look weird for one more person to be watching. I follow the guards until they go into a building, then I pause. I am reaching out to grab the handle and follow in when a hand grabs my shoulder roughly.
"What are you doing?" The voice with the hand asks. "You can't go in there."
I fight back, thinking it is a guard talking.
"Whoa, whoa. Okay, stop, okay? I'm not a guard."
"I see that now. Who are you?"
"I'm Aladdin, now get away from the door before someone sees you."
"You're Al?"
"Yeah...do I know you?"
"No, I met your sister. She's looking for you. She thought you were in the jails," I say.
"Well, I got out, and by the time I escaped, she went inside to try and get me out. Now she's in the jail."
"Guess I'm getting three people out of the jail now."
"And by I you mean we. Because I need to get my sister out, I will assist."
"It'd be better to have two chances. If I fail, you can get us all out."
"I'm not letting you go in there alone."
"I don't need your help."
"Whoa, princess, I know that. But you may want it. I was in the cells, I know how to get there and get out," Al says.
"Fine, then," I say. "And don't call me Princess."
"I don't know your name yet."
"Ashton. Come on, let's go."
"Whoa, Ashton, hold up. You can't just go barging in the jail."
"Why not?"
"Because you have to wait for a guard change. It rotates on an hour and three minute time scale. We still have eleven minutes. And then we have to get keys to get our two people out."
"Three people," I correct.
"Right, three. Who is the third person anyways?"
"Someone a witch needs in trade for a magic bean."
"Witch?"
"Asita," I tell him.
"No, you can't help Asita. You can not trust her, Ashton. Look at me, you can not trust her."
"Give me one good reason."
"Because Geni is the one she wants. And I'll never see her again. Asita is the reason I was in the jail. And it was not an accident. Whatever deal she told you she'll give, she won't."
"How can I trust you over Asita?"
"Do I look like I would lie to you?"
Al asks. I look at him. He looks so similar to Geni. His lips look dry and cracked, his eyes have a hunger behind them, but they also have a look of kindness that is genuine.
"Let's get them out," I say.
"You won't give her to Asita, will you?" Al speaks strongly, but I can tell that if he loses Geni, he won't ever be able to live with himself. "Please."
"No, I won't. I know how important family is."
"Thank you, princess," Al regains his smirk and flirty way of talking.
"Don't do that," I say. "Can we go yet?"
Al turns and looks at four people walking away from the opposite side of this building.
"Yes," he opens the door. "Ladies first."
"Just don't get us caught," I tell Al as he closes the door behind us.
"Wouldn't dream of getting you in trouble, princess."
"Stop being flirty and focus on not getting us caught, then."
"Got it."
Al walks first, going down the passage. It makes me uncomfortable how little security this jail has. Or maybe we have not gotten to the maximum security area yet. The corridor we are walking down looks completely empty.
"Where is the jail?" I whisper to Al.
"It's not on this level," he whispers back.
"We have to go up to the main level?" I ask.
"Nope. We have to go down to the main level."
"Down?"
"Yeah, this whole place was built as a castle for any type of royalty that would come to Allein. The place looks small, but if any thieves come in or murderers trying to hurt royalty, they can lock down the bottom floor. No one can get down there when it's locked off."
"So don't set off any alarms then?"
"Exactly. Oh, and by the way, thieves may not be able to get in, but that also means, not a single person can get out when the security is triggered."
"If we set it off while we are down there, we won't be able to get out?"
"I said a single person, princess," Al says, "Lucky for me, I'm not alone in this."
"Don't flatter yourself."
"Wouldn't dream of it."