Henry

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC and Odette Beane. Only a few characters are mine.

After relaxing in my room for a short while, I leave the B&B and hop on my motorcycle. After sightseeing for a bit, I drive towards the limits of Storybrooke. When I am about 4-5 miles away, I notice an old dirt road that runs into the woods. In the distance, I hear waves lapping against the shore. Curiosity overcomes me, I ride my bike down to the beach and look around.
"Wow," I mutter. Someone has built a castle out here. Not a real castle, just a small play area that look like a playground, but without the monkeys bars and swings. I walk over to it, admiring the craftsman ship.
"This is really cool," I say aloud.
"Thanks! It's mine." I turn to see a boy, probably about ten years old standing there.
"You built this?"
"No, I just own it. I haven't seen you before, but..." He hops up on the castle and pulls a brown, leather bound book out of his backpack. He quickly flips through it and looks at me.
"What's your name?" He asks. "Charissa."
"Really?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure?" He questions.
"Yes, now why?" He shows me the picture he is looking at, a picture of my dad and I fighting, right before I ran away. I look at it, a starstruck look on my face.
"I knew it!"
"You knew what?"
"This is you isn't it?"
"You think I'm a..." I look at the cover of the book "...fairytale character?"
"I don't think. I know."
"I know you need a shrink."
"I have one."
"You're kidding me," I say, raising an eyebrow.
"No, my mom thinks I'm crazy. That's only because she's the Evil Queen. She doesn't want the curse broke." I realize this is the boy that August wants me to get to-how did he put it?-break the curse?
"Why do you think your mom is the Evil Queen?" I ask him. He shows me a picture of the Evil Queen, and I admit, they looked strikingly similar, but in my days in the Enchanted Forest, I had never met the Evil Queen, though my dad and Smee told me some interesting stories. Back to reality.
"So, because there's a similarity of hair color between the Evil Queen and your mom-"
"Step mom."
"Whatever. You think she's a fairytale character?"
"Yeah."
"And you think I'm a fairytale character?"
"I don't think. I know."
"Right. Well then, who do you think I am?"
"A pirate." I raise an eyebrow.
"Just a pirate. Do I look like a pirate?"
"Well, no, but you are! I know it!" I am amazed at how smart this kid was. I mean, he takes an idea about fantasy and runs with it. Now, since I knew it is true, I had to be careful how I play this. I do not want to make him think everyone in this town was a fairytale character. They would still be in the Enchanted Forest, right?
"So, because I have the same hair color as the girl in the picture, I'm a pirate? Kid, just because people have the same hair color doesn't mean they are the same person." I am glad I have changed my style since coming out of the Enchanted Forest. I mean, half my closet was still black, but I have evolved more into graphic tees and jeans.
"It's also the personality, I mean, the Evil Queen, she's, well, evil. My mom is the same way."
"I know," I whisper.
"You've met her?"
"Yeah, what's her problem? I mean, really? She about took my head off!" He smiles.
"See? She's the Evil Queen."
"Fine, since you clearly believe this so much, how did all the characters get here?"
"That's a long story," Henry says.
"I'm here all week. When can you explain it?"
"How about tomorrow?"
"Ok, Granny's?" I ask.
"Yeah, I'll see you there," Henry says.
"Great." I walk to my motorcycle and ride back to Granny's, to settle in and maybe do more sightseeing later.