Locked Away

Zelena is locked away. Regina spent hours trying to convince Zelena to take a second chance she is offering, but Zelena never gave a solid answer. Regina then hid Zelena's necklace that contains her magic power. It makes me feel a bit jealous I admit that Zelena got her magic taken away that easy. Sure, she would still have the potential for magic since she was born with it, but the strength that made it so hard for us to defeat her would be safely locked away for eternity. Regina probably put it somewhere in her vault, but she would not tell us exactly where, probably for security reasons more than not trusting us.
Zelena being locked away is not the only good news that is delivered. Mary Margaret and David's child is perfectly healthy, and I have never seen anyone more relieved than when Mary Margaret held him for the first time since Zelena kidnapped him. All the smiles going around the room make me wish more than anything Charli was here to share in the victory.

The next day, the happiness still has not subsided. It seems the town might actually have some peace for a little while. David and Mary Margaret finally decide what to name their son, and announce a celebratory potluck at Granny's to announce the royalty's name. So that night, at the potluck, everyone enjoyed themselves, while I listed to Henry read his baby uncle the story of how Prince Charming and Snow White meet.
"'And that's when the bandit leapt on top of the carriage and stole the prince's jewels. As the prince chased the thief on horseback through the treacherous forest," Henry read.
"Really?" Emma asks. "I can't hear the kid's name yet but I have to hear this story again?" She smiles.
"Well, my son should know where he comes from," David says proudly.
"Are you sure you want the first thing he knows to be that his parents fell in love during an armed robbery?" says Emma.
"I wasn't armed," Mary Margaret defended.
"With a rock," Ruby laughs.
"I still have the scar," David confirms.
"Which healed," Mary Margaret laughs, and looks down at the baby. "But that's just how we met. It's not how we fell in love."
"Yeah," David says softly. "That was a bit more complicated." He turns the page in Henry's storybook. "See? There were Black Knight's when I saved your mother's life."
"Oh," Mary Margaret smirks and turns the page. "And the attack on the Troll Bridge when I saved his."
David smiles lovingly at Mary Margaret and turns the page again. "But it wasn't until I saw my mother's ring on her finger that I knew in my heart there was no other woman I would ever love," he says.
"I wish you had told me then," Mary Margaret says. "We would have saved so much time."
"Well, how could I? I had to get to my wedding," David laughs heartily.
"Sorry?" Hook says. "Have I missed something? You were previously betrothed, mate?"
"To Kathryn," Ruby nods at Kathryn, who is talking with Granny by the bar. "Though, she was Princess Abigail back then."
"King Midas' daughter?" Hook asks. "The man who can turn anything into gold? Why would you leave that opportunity?" He looks genuinely confused at why David chose Mary Margaret over Kathryn.
"Hey!" Mary Margaret says, pretending to be hurt by his comment as Emma punches Hook's shoulder.
"Well, what can I say," David says. "My heart was destined for another."
"You just had to find her first," Ruby smiles. "She ran away and was living on a farm."
"Oh," Mary Margaret smiles, remembering. "It sounded like such a peaceful life at the time- leave everyone and everything behind."
"Hmm," Hook sighs. "Like mother, like daughter."
"Hook," Emma says sharply.
"What is he talking about?" Henry asks, losing his smile.
"Uh," David tries to regain control of the situation. "Should we read more stories?"
"Actually, I'd like to know what the pirate is talking about," Regina says, stepping with Robin over to the table.
"It's nothing," Emma says, looking down and clearly avoiding eye contact.
"Are you planning on going back to New York?" Regina continues to ask Emma questions.
"Why would we go back to New York?" asks Henry.
"You're not," Regina tells him matter-of-factly. "Right, Ms. Swan?"
"Actually, it's complicated," Emma sighs.
"Why would we leave?" Henry says. "This is our home."
"Henry, this isn't the time or place," Emma tries to stay calm.
"I think it is," Regina pesters.
"No, it's not," Emma says more harshly, and leaves Granny's.
"I'll talk to her," Hook says, and everyone nods.
"Wait," Henry calls to Hook. He hands out his storybook. "Take this. It might help her remember where she belongs."
"It's gonna be all right," David reassures Henry. "She's just stubborn like her-"
Mary Margaret gives him a look that could kill. David corrects himself.
"Uh, like all of our family," he says.
Henry chuckles, but soon stops as he looks outside the window.
"Uh, grandpa?" He asks.
"Hmm?" David says.
Henry points out the window at a spiral of orange light going straight up from a pinpoint out near the outskirts of town.
"Look," Henry says. "What is that?"
David walks to the window to get a better look as Rumpelstiltskin comes over.
"That," he answers, "is a problem. That light is from Zelena's time portal. It's open."

New update every Sunday.