Portal

Disclaimer: all rights to ABC. Only Ashton and Charli are mine.

The jail door clanked as I shut it. Regina was safely inside. Safely for her, and for the rest of the town.
"So, I'm a prisoner now?" Regina questioned.
"If the curse is broken," David asked. "Why didn't we go back?"
"Because there's nothing to go back to. That land is gone."
"We should get to Gold," Mary Margaret said.
And we all left Regina alone in her cell. Probably not a smart idea.

Henry and I left to go to Granny's. He needed to stay safe for a little while while Emma, David, and Mary Margaret went to see Gold. I wasn't hanging with that group anymore. They obviously wanted to be alone, well, Mary Margaret did. Emma wanted me to stay so she could avoid all the questions she knew Mary Margaret desperately wanted to ask. So while Emma miserably walked with Mary Margaret and David, I went with Henry.
"So," Henry said when we sat down at a booth. "Are you going to put up missing signs like everyone else?"
"Missing signs?"
"Yeah, you know, for the family they're missing. Don't you want to find your family?"
"I don't have any family to find, kid. I'm all alone in this world."
"You can't just be alone," he said. "What about your dad?"
"Henry, you have your book of stories. Tell me, do I want to find my dad? I think it's best if I stay alone."
"But no one should be alone. The curse being broke means everyone should be happy."
"I'm used to not being happy. And, honestly, I don't mind? Don't worry about me. You have your whole family now. You should be super excited about hanging with them. So just have fun and enjoy that, okay?"
"I don't think I can," he said. "Not while you're not happy."
"But I am happy, Henry," I said. "My life sucked before I came here. I had this one friend, he was really awesome. The best, but than he had to leave. But since I came here, I have been happy. I have a job, friends, I have you, kid. And you're the best ever! So enjoy this, okay?"
"Okay, Ashton. I just want everyone to be happy."
"I know, kid. I know."

♕                      ♕                     ♕                     ♕                     ♕                     ♕                     ♕                     ♕

There was a deep rumbling that shook the whole building.
"Was that an earthquake?!" Henry asked, eyes wide.
"Uh, I don't think so. Stay here, Henry. Ruby, can you watch him?"
"Yeah," Ruby replied, putting her hand on Henry's shoulder.
"Alright, thanks." I gave Henry a smile and left to find Emma

When I went outside, everything was a mess. Car alarms were going off, power lines were throwing off sparks, newspapers were flying everywhere. There was a big explosion as something big and black roared.
"Bloody hell," I muttered as I saw it. It looked like a dementor from Harry Potter. Big, black, floating, and it's clothes were billowing around it. It was soaring towards the direction of the sheriff's station. Regina, I thought, realizing it was going after her. Rumpelstiltskin must have sent it after her. I hurried to the sheriff's station, getting there at the same time as David, Mary Margaret, and Emma.
"Where's Henry?" Emma asked as we went inside.
"He's with Ruby. Safe," I replied. She nodded as we walked into the main office. The lights were crackling. Regina was standing up, the door of the cell had been knocked off the hinges. The scary dementor looking monster was reaching it's hand out towards her. It actually looked like it was sucking out her soul like a dementor.  It roared. Regina grunted.
"Hey!" David exclaimed, throwing a chair at the beast. It turned on him, making Regina crumple to the floor, gasping. David was knocked across the room by the monster. It threw a desk at David which he barely missed by rolling out of the way, and than turned back to Regina, beginning to suck out her soul again.
"Over here!" Mary Margaret exclaimed, getting out a lighter and some hair spray. She clicked the lighter on and sprayed the hair spray so that it went towards the monster. The monster roared and fled out the window, spraying glass behind it.
Regina coughed. Emma went over to her and helped Regina up.
"What the bloody hell was that thing?" I asked Regina.
"A Wraith," she replied, throat gravely. "A soul sucker."
"Did I-?" Mary Margaret began, but Regina cut her off.
"Kill it? No, it's regenerating. It'll be back. It doesn't stop until it devours it's prey...Me."
"So, how do we kill it?" Emma asked.
"There's no way," Regina said. "You can't kill something that's already dead."
"Then we have a problem."
"No," David said. "We don't. Regina does."
"What?!" Regina said.
"David?" Mary Margaret said softly, looking at her husband.
"You wanna let her die?" Emma asked.
"Why not? Then it goes away. Then we're safe."
"It's quite the example you're setting for your daughter, there," Regina said.
"No!" David exclaimed. "You don't get to judge us!"
"Let me ask you something," Regina said. "Where do you think that thing came from? Gold."
"I made a promise to Henry," Emma told David. "She's not dying."
"If it can't be killed," I said. "Then what do you suggest, Regina?"
"Send it somewhere it can't hurt anyone...and I know where. Follow me."

We went to Regina's office. Once there, she picked up a brown hat box off of the floor and opened it up. Regina paused, looked up at Emma.
"Did Henry really ask you to protect me?"
"Yes," Emma replied.
Regina puled a purplish-black patterned hat out of the box.
"The hat," Emma muttered. "You had it all along."
"What do you mean?" Regina asked.
"That's Jefferson's hat."
"Who's Jefferson?"
Mary Margaret and David walked in, carrying two brooms each.
"Torches," David said, "for when it comes back. I know it's old fashioned, but so am I."
"So," Mary Margaret said. "How does it work?"
Regina led us into a separate room, placing the hat down on the ground. "It will open a portal to our land," she said. "All we have to do is send the Wraith in there."
"Oh, yeah," David said. "Just that."
"I don't understand," Mary Margaret said. "I thought out land was gone."
"It is," Regina replied. "But sending it to a place that no longer exists...well, that's banishing it to oblivion."
As Regina finished her sentence, the lights began to flicker. A whooshing sound came from right outside the door. David lit the brooms.
"Regina..." Emma began.
"I'm trying!" She snapped, turning the hat around and around. The Wraith roared, crashing into the room.
"Regina!" Emma said, a little more panicked.
"I know!" She yelled back. David distracted the Wraith temporarily with his flaming broom, but we all knew that would not work for long. I poured rum on the banisters that would separate the two halves of the room. Mary Margaret went along with it and touched her broom to the rum, making the banisters ablaze.
"Hurry!" David exclaimed.
"It's not working!" Regina yelled back. The Wraith roared again.
"What is the problem?!" Emma asked Regina, crouching down next to her.
"Magic," Regina said. "It's different here."
"Now would be the time!" David said over the lick of the flames. Emma put her hand around Regina's arm and suddenly the hat began swirling, releasing  a purple smoke as David was knocked to the floor.
"It's coming!" He yelled as the Wraith screeched and soared towards Regina. Regina dodged out of the way at the last second, and the Wraith went down into the hat. But than it grabbed Emma's foot. Before it could drag her down, I grabbed Emma's arm, trying to pull her up. Mary Margaret grabbed my arm.
The Wraith tugged hard, and we all went down.

Babes, guess what!! Hook will be here in the next three, four chapters. It's gonna be good! Remember, the photoshop contest is still open, so send me the pictures however you want! Love you babes!
Liz xx