Chapter 63: Crystal

I woke up and tried to make my eyes focus. Everything that had happened in the past two or three days were all a blur. All I remembered was constantly waking up to see someone poking a needle in my arm or holding a scalpel. How much time had passed? I had no idea. I was guessing two or three days, but for all I knew, it could've been two or three weeks.
        My vision cleared and I was surprised to see that no one else was in the room. I took advantage of the time alone and cried. I just had to let it all out, everything that had happened in the past...how ever long it was. I didn't even know nor did I care. I just cried. I missed my parents and my sled dogs. I missed the snow. I missed Cashmere, Aqua, and Cryptic. And of curse,I missed Wilt. No matter how annoying she could be, I thought of her as my best friend. My first friend actually. I missed her dark aura and sarcastic comments.
        After a few minutes, I pulled myself together, but I was stuck with a wet, red face, since my hands were strapped down and I couldn't wipe away my tears. I shut my eyes and used all my concentration an power to make ice or snow, just one flurry. No such luck. Suddenly someone walking in. 
        "You can keep trying, dear. But you'll have to do a little better than that if you want to break those cuffs." he chuckled. "Oh look, is you." I said, glaring up at Dr. Shep. He spread his hands out. "Really, no welcoming party?" he asked. "I'm joking." I rolled my eyes. "You should really stick to the evil doctor, joking around doesn't suit you." I spat. Dr. Shep gripped his notebook a little tighter. "It doesn't have to be like this, you could just let us all go." I said. Dr. Shep sat down, shaking his head. "I'm afraid not, you're much too valuable to this operation." he replied.
        "And Cryptic? What about him?" I asked. I wanted to know what had happened to him. Was he okay? I was shocked when Dr. Shep's paled. Had I just struck a nerve?
        "Tell me, is he okay?" I asked. Dr. Shep leaned back. "I give the orders here, Crystal."
        "We should've killed you when we had the chance!" I sneered. "Should I just kill you now?" Dr. Shep asked. "That would get rid of all the screaming and thrashing." I went silent. "I didn't think so."
        "How long has it been? How long have I been here?" I finally asked. Dr. Shep thought for a moment. "Well, you've been in surgery for a few weeks-"
        "Few weeks!?" I shrieked. "Yes I guess today...it would be three weeks." My jaw dropped.

That many more people now had the virus and were probably dead. Three weeks. No, it couldn't have been true. Three weeks???