Chapter 87: Crystal

She was...gone. As if she disappeared into thin air, which was what happened. But how could she? How could she just leave us like that?

"She was in the elevator!" I shouted, looking around desperately. They all nodded.

"She's gone, Crystal." Aqua put her hand on my arm. I jerked away and backed up.

"M-maybe the elevator doors closed before she could get out." I cried. Cashmere looked over at me sadly. "Do you know something? About where she went? Where she could've gone?" I asked Cashmere. Cashmere's face paled and she stared at the ground. She said something in a very small voice.

"What?" Mac asked. Cashmere looked up guiltily.         

"She's gone, left to see her dad or something." Cashmere said louder, heat rushing to her cheeks. Rage rolled over me.

"Why didn't you stop her? Why didn't you tell us?" I shrieked. Mac told me to calm down but I shrugged her off.

"I couldn't stop her, Crystal. Don't you think I tried?" she said. I ran my fingers through my hair and tried to calm my breathing. Calm down, Crystal, it'll all be okay. I licked my dry lips and glanced up at them.

"So what do we do?" I asked. "I mean, we can't just let her go, who knows what she'll do." Mac shook her head.

"Just let her go, she'll come back, she always does." Mac said.

"Oh please, Wilt could be in danger. We have to go get her. The world it ending, she can't go off and play parent trouble on us." I snapped.

"She's coming back, just let her be." said Mac.

"Shut up, miss 'we're sisters'. You don't know Wilt like I do. When she's on a rage there's no stopping her. Trust me, she'll thank us if we get her." I said. Aqua chewed on her lip and winced when she bit through.

"That has nothing to do with-"

"Just let me get her!" I shouted. The three of them backed up in unison, staring at me with a look of horror. I looked down at noticed deadly spikes of ice creeping towards them. Shock rippled through me and I waved my hand, causing the ice to shatter and melt. Was I going to hurt them? I didn't even know what was happening. Shame and fear overwhelmed me and I recoiled, wishing I could shrink down.

"Okay, Crystal. We can go get her." said Mac. Why was she still here? I mean really.

"Wait, by the time we come back, the generator might be gone again." said Cashmere. "How about Aqua and I stay behind, you two go, get Wilt." she said. I glared at Mac but didn't object.

"If it's our only option, but I don't like splitting up." I said. Aqua nodded but didn't open her mouth.

"It's what we have to do." We wished each other luck, hugging and then before we knew it, Mac and I were on our way.

After about five hours of searching with no luck, we agreed to take a break. We hadn't even left the hospital, that's how huge it was. We slouched against a vending machine and caught our breath.

"I don't get it. How could she just disappear?" I wondered aloud.

"I've been wondering the same thing. I mean obviously she didn't leave on purpose, but how did she leave?" Mac added. We sat it silence for a few minutes.

"What a drink?" I asked, glancing at the soda machine behind us.

"Why not." she replied. I got up and inserted three dollars that I had forgotten about in my pocket. Two Cokes rolled out. I handed one to her a popped mine open.

"We should rest, we'll probably have a long day tomorrow." said Mac. I nodded. The hall was completely empty except for the vending machine and it didn't lead anywhere so we decided no one would use is while we were sleeping. I lied my head on the cold floor and dream swept me away.

I saw a shadow. Then it was a figure. No. It was Wilt. Suddenly she was standing at a doorway. He walked inside but I didn't follow her in. I just waited. The I saw her co out with a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth as screams followed her/ The scene shifted and I saw Cashmere and Aqua. They were hiding behind something, a desk maybe, and fear was plastered all or their faces. 

"Welcome." boomed a voice. "I've been expecting you."

Then all I saw was darkness as the dreams faded and I woke up. I thought my dreams had finally ended but the darkness remained for what felt like forever. Then I heard a faint voice, bely audible:

"I'm sorry, Crystal."