Chapter 67: Crystal

I still couldn't wrap my mind around it. Three weeks? Might not seem like a big deal, but in this case, trust me.It was. So many people caught the virus in just ONE DAY. Can you imagine three weeks?
        We had to get out of here and stop it. But...how? First of all, we were clearly trapped here and all separated. I didn't even know if the others were here or somewhere else! I hoped they had somehow escaped, but it just seemed like wishful thinking. None of our powers worked, the cuffs made that sure. None of us could really fight without our powers, at least that I knew of. It seemed hopeless.

        Dr. Shep had left earlier, leaving me to think the words, "Three weeks," over and over. I wasn't exactly jumping for joy when he finally returned a few hours later.
        "Morning." he said.
        "Is it, or is it night?" I snapped. I was sick of all of his stupid lies and tricks. I just wanted the truth. If he wanted us to work together, which I never would, I did need to know what was happening.
        "It is morning, I even brought you tea." Dr. Shep handed me a paper cup. I frowned at it and chucked it across the wall.
        "Yea, I'm not taking anything from you." I sneered at him.
        "You girls have no respect." Dr. Shep muttered as he bent down to clean up the mess.
        "Where are they, tell me!" I shouted. He glanced over at me. "Somewhere where you will never find them." he replied. I gave him the most evil glare I could muster, which wasn't hard.
        "I'm not afraid of you, Crystal. You can do nothing." he said in my face, right before leaving and locking the door behind him. As if I could get out of these bonds.
        "You're wrong." I hissed, despite the fact he had left, "We can do a lot more than you think."

I missed everyone. I missed Alaska. I was tired of the constant needles taking my blood or sending unknown liquids through my body. I just wanted to go home and forget any of this had happened.
But that was impossible. I had to face reality, through this seemed nothing like it. We had to escape and stop this virus. I still wasn't sure how, but we were on a streak for not making plans until we actually needed them. Like now. We should have had a plan for this kind of situation, since we knew Dr. Shep was after us.
        That's when he walked in, as if he heard me call his name. He smiled and gripped his clip board tightly as if it were the one thing that would save his life. 
        "Please just let us go." I said. My head pounded from lack of food and water, my muscles felt like jello and my throat was dry and my stomach was empty.
        "Not quite, my dear." he said. "Soon." Hope rose up inside of me. Soon?
        "How much longer?" I asked. Dr. Shep weighed his options.
        "About...forever?" he suggested. My hope shattered and anger rolled over me.
"We'll get out of here, just you see. We're gonna beat you so bad." I hissed.
        "You're powerless, Crystal Winterbrook! Who is going to save you?" he shouted but then regained his composure. "With those cuffs on, you'll never make it out alive or dead." Dr. Shep said. I closed my eyes, heat ripped through me. I clenched my teeth and concentrated. Nothing happened. 
        "See? You have little power. Not even Wilt could use her powers and she's the strongest out of all of you." I felt my hear go *thump thump* He scowled.
        "Her name gets to you, doesn't it?" he asked. I didn't answer.
        "That's why you always turn pale when I mention her. You're worried? About someone like Wilt?" I felt my cheeks flush.
        "I'm worried about all of them. Just let us go!" I ordered, trying not to cry.
        "No. There is too much at stake. My plans, the world, Crystal, it's all tied together don't you see?" he asked.
        "All I can see are these four walls!" I cried. "I can't go anywhere to see!"
        "Exactly." he turned to go. "Wait! Please! Let us go!" I screamed.
        "Those cuffs contain you so easily." he said to himself.
Easily. Easily. Easily.
        Was I a threat before?
Yes. I was.
I felt strength surge through me. For a moment, it was like my powers were in control. The power burst out of me, ice covered the walls and the cuffs broke apart. I thrust my free hand out and left behind a frozen Dr. Shepsickle.