Chapter 49: Cashmere

Egypt. Really? Why did we let Wilt choose, and why did she pass out for the second time? Gosh, did her and Cryptic have the same disease or something?
        I discussed this with Crystal, and her eyes widened.
        "What?" I asked.
        "What if...no." she mumbled.
"What?" I urged.
        "no, no, it can't..." she continued.
        "Can't what?"
"She...Wilt...Wilt's turning into a zombie, too!" she cried. I blinked at her in a state of shock.
        "Say what?" I asked her. Her eyes started watering. She had a serious problem. "How did I not see it sooner? The random attitudes, the passing out." she said as tears streaked her face.
        "Um...I don't think Wilt is a zombie-"
        "Nooooo!" she cried. She knelt down and started balling. The others saw and ran over to help. She suddenly grabbed Wilt's shoulder and said, "Don't leave me. Be the Wilt I always knew you were." Wilt didn't have time to respond, because the townspeople were swarming us.
        "Excuse us! Coming trough!" I shouted as Aqua and I dragged Crystal through the crowd. One lady gabbed my hand and started talking to me in a foreign language. All I caught was the word Sekmit. Then we ran.

        We leaned against a clay wall, breathing had.
        "Did any of them go up to you and start talking?" Wilt asked. Yes. Aqua and Cryptic nodded. And Crystal...well...she was ten feet away looking off into the distance dramatically. I rolled my eyes.
        "All I heard was Anookit?" Aqua said.
        "I heard Isis." Wilt said.
        "I heard gegindwarf? Gurglefor? Oh I think it was Geginwar." Cryptic laughed. "I heard Sekmit." I said.
        "We have to find out what those words mean." Wilt announced.
        "I have an idea!" Aqua said. We followed he to a nearby fountain. She reached her arm in and pulled out a handful of coins.
        "How..." Wilt began. Aqua shrugged. The water was like four feet deep. Don't ask me how she did it.
        We walked over to what looked like a shop 100 feet away. "Aha." Aqua said when she found and Egyption-English dictionary. She bought it and we left. We found an empty hut sort-of thing and went inside. We gathered in a circle (except for Crystal who was sitting in the corner) and searched the dictionary.
        "Sekmet. Egyption goddess of fire." Wilt read aloud. That was the word I had heard.
        Wait...that's practically my power!
        "Anukhet. Egyptian goddess of the river Nile." Wilt told Aqua who shrugged, "Makes sense." she said.
        "Isis, Egyptian goddess of magic. I'm darkness so that's close...I guess."
        "Ooooh, find mine! Gurgledwarf. Wait, no, sorry, geginwar." Cryptic said. Wilt searched, then burst out laughing.
        "What?" he asked. She handed the dictionary to Aqua after failing several times to read it out loud."       
        "It's Gengenwer, Cryptic, not Geginwar.And you're the god of...oh..." Aqua's voice trailed off.
        "What is it?" he asked.
"Gengenwer...the goose god." I began to laugh so hard I almost wet my pants.
        "What! That can't be right!"

        Later that day, Wilt came up to me with a frown.
        "I keep thinking about what Crystal said to me...Don't leave me? Be the Wilt I always knew you were?" Wilt said. Oh, no.
        "Listen, Wilt. Don't take this personally. I don't think that's what she meant." I said.
        "Even so, it made me realize I may have been a jerk lately. Especially to her." she whispered.
"Oh."
        "She's been acting so strange lately, I don't know what's up, but I think I'm going to talk to her."
        "Oh."
"Do you think it's me?"
        "Oh. Wait, what,sorry. I don't know. If you are the reason she's upset I think she might be more worried about you than mad." I explained.
        "Hey guys look at this!" Aqua said. She help up a map. "Cryptic found it, it's for a tor. We think he generator could be in this route."
        "Ugh, not another goose chase from the goose god."Wilt grumbled. I laughed. Aqua handed me the map and I studied it.
        "Wait a minute. If it's somewhere in this tour, then the generator is....in a pyramid."