Chapter 18: Wilt

I liked it better when it was just Crystal and I. With her parents here...it was just awkward. I've never had parents who were actually interested in my life, now I'm watching the perfect family. I was almost jealous. I know Crystal is happy with them here, but I felt like I was imposing.

I rubbed he sleep from my eyes and stumbled down the stairs, while yawning. Crystal was already awake and spooning mouth fulls of cereal into her mouth. "Oh, you're up." She said. "We need to talk." I sighed as I sat down loudly next to her. She gulped. "I need to tell you something too." She took a shaky breath. "Crystal I'm going to leave." I blurted out. Her eyes bulged. "I was going to say something happened when our hands touched...why are you leaving?" Crystal shrieked. "What happened, what did you see?" I asked. "Four girls...looking at something. I don't know! We're having like, two conversations at once. Okay, why are you leaving?" She asked. I rubbed my forehead. "It's just to weird having your parents here. I don't belong." I said. "So you're going back home?" She asked. I nodded. "I think I have to." I replied. "But you hate it there!" She said as she pushed her cereal away. I winced. "I do. I just don't belong here." I motion around. "How do you plan on leaving?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "That's what I need you for." I whispered. "For what!" Crystal shrieked. "For...helping me think of a way out of here." I said slowly. She sighed. "I don't want you to leave." She said. I groaned. "You can't keep me here, that's not fair!" I replied. "Please, stay." Crystal whispered. I shook my head. "It's not up to you to decide." I snapped, standing up. I accidentally knocked over the chair and it made a loud clattering sound. Crystal gripped the table, knuckles turning white. "I thought you were my friend!" Crystal stood up and ran to the closet. She grabbed her jacket and threw it on. "Where are you going!" I shrieked. She turned around, anger fuming from her. "...away!" She cried as she ran out the door. I stood there, stunned. What was that all about? Snow poured into the house. Where did the snow come from? I ran to the closet and grabbed my own jacket. I heard her parents upstairs and I hurried out of the house after her. Only then did I realize how hard it was snowing. I looked around, but all I could see was white. Snow blurred my vision and my cries where muffled. "Crystal!" I screamed. I spat out snow. Ugh, why is it snowing so hard? The wind howled loudly. I looked around. The house was gone and I started to panic. Crystal was gone too. I chewed on my lip and spun around. "Hello!" I called out. I sucked in a deep breath and closed my eyes.

Black mist thing, if you're real...show me where Crystal is. She's in danger...if you're fake then I'll look really weird right now.

I opened my eyes. Nothing. I groaned and I turned around. It was snowing really hard now, it was a full out blizzard. I coughed up a ball of snow and started running in the direction of where I thought she went. I pushed my hair out of my face and continued to trudge through the snow. Huge wind gusts rocked my back and forth. I knew she took her dog sled...but maybe not...all I knew was that I had to find her.

I opened my eyes. Where the heck was I? What happened! Oh yea...after I had been looking for Crystal I'd found this ice cave and collapsed here and slept. The entrance was covered in snow. "No!" I ran over to it and banged myself against the snow wall. It wouldn't budge. I was trapped.