Chapter 47: Crystal

I sighed. Everyone was asleep around me, but I couldn't make my eyes stay shut. I glanced at Wilt's hand which was woven into Cryptic's. Gee, what had I missed?
        I thought about how Cashmere had almost gotten killed by that nurse with the virus. I shuddered, then I thought back to what was happening to me at the time...

        "Just a little farther.." groaned a man from security. Him and another man were dragging me down the stairs and through the hall towards the exit. I screamed and flailed, but they were to muscular.
        Sooooo, you might be a bit confused. Let me back up just a little bit more...

        I trudged up the stairs with Aqua. Originally I was going to search downstairs with Wilt, but she claimed she had it covered, so I joined with Aqua. We finally reached the top and walked in different directions. I entered an area with desks, and ducked behind one that was unoccupied. I flipped through a few files, found nothing, and left from behind the desk buuuuut I walked right into a nurse.

Smooth, Crystal, smooth.

        "Excuse me, what do you think you're doing?" she demanded.
        "Oh...I...uh...got lost?"
        "Hmmm, I don't think so.:
        "Hey, I'm just  kid, you can't blame me for everything."
She glared at me. "Except for sneaking behind a desk and looking through CONFIDENTIAL FILES!" she shouted.
        "Psh, what you talkn' about?" I asked. The nurse lifted a walkie talkie to her mouth, and my reflexes kicked in.
        "No need for that!" I shouted, thrusting out my hand which sent ice up her arm. She screamed and ran down the hall.
        "Phew." I gave a sigh of relief. That's when I noticed dozens of nurses staring at me in horror.
        "Whoops, no idea what happened there, well, I'll just be on my way-" I ran down the hall...and ran into another nurse.

Smooth.

        "Excuse me, sorry-"
        "There!" I turned and saw the nurse I had shot ice at, pointing at me, a group of men in police uniforms behind her. Uh oh. I started to back up. I then turned around and ran, don't worry, not into another nurse. This time it was a bulky security man.

Not-so smooth.

        "You're coming with me." he growled in a deep voice that sent chills down my spine. I laughed.
        "No, I'm not." I shot ice at him but didn't take time to see what happened. I bolted. I made my way through the hall, weaving between nurses, patients, and security dudes. One grabbed my shoulder, but immediately let go. That's right. Back away. Fear me. I am an ice....an ice...a snowman? Nah, I'll figure it out later. Anyway, he was shaking his hand, and I saw frost spreading up his fingertips. That's when I ran into another person.

Not at all smooth.

        "Got her!" he shouted. Before I could spray ice up his nose, the rest of them caught up and grabbed me from every direction.
        "Woah guys, I think there's been a little misunderstanding."
        "Rules are rules and you broke 'em." one man said.
        "Well, I don't see any rule book or sign anywhere. If it's a rule, it has to be revealed to the public." I spat.
        "It's a common knowledge rule, so no." he corrected.
        "But-"
"Shut your mouth!" he shouted and slapped e across the face.
        "Violence is not the answer." I said. He rolled his eyes and nodded to the others. They all let go except for two, who each had one of my arms.
        "Show her the exit." he said. And that's how I got into the situation. They dragged me all the way down the hall and halfway down the stairs, Aqua came, read the situation, and was about to blast them with water, but I nodded to her, saying, "I got this" and she walked past us casually.That's when the snow part of me was unleashed.
        I aimed my hands at their faces and shot shards of ice. They let go, screaming. I punched one in the stomach and elbowed the other in the nose. The one I punched lunged, but I shot snow at him until he froze in place, and I did the same with the other. I looked at my two new ice sculptures (don't worry, they were still alive and would thaw in time).
        "I believe I know my way out."
I headed down the stairs, feeling very proud of myself, then turned around one last time.
        "Oh, and one more thing. Have a good winter." I shot ice at the ceiling above them, and it smashed, then rain down on them. I smiled to myself and joined the others on the first floor.