Chapter 64: Aqua

I could no longer find words to say that will explain how terrified I was. I feared for my life, and hoped-no, prayed that they would just leave me alone. Possibly forget me and never come to see me. I couldn't stand he silence. I needed someone to talk to, it was driving me insane.

        With each passing hour I gave up on a rescue more and more. I hoped that maybe a savior would come-but alas, no one came.

        Turned out Cryptic was my savior.
        "Hey." said Cryptic. I smiled at him as he sat next to me. "How is everyone?" I asked, questions swirling in my mind. He paused.

"Fine."

Oh no, something had happened. "Please, try to get us out of here." I whispered as I stood and leaned against the bloody operating table in the center of the room.
        "I'm trying, believe me." I glared at the cuffs on my wrist that had become less tighter from lack of food. I had tied getting them off, many times already, with no luck. A few days ago, I watched blood seep from under the cuffs and land in little drips on the floor. It sounded like rain when the first few drops of water race to the ground, right before a storm.
        That almost calmed me down.
"Are you okay?" asked Cryptic.  I blinked at him. "No." I told him. He bit his lip and rubbed his hands together. "I have to tell you something." Cryptic finally said. "My father is Dr. Shep and he's trying to find a cure by running tests on you. I'm so sorry, I never knew this would happen. A-and I'm dying." blurted Cryptic.

Oh.

        "Does Wilt know?"  I finally whispered. "Yes." he replied. "Good, she deserves at least that." Then without another word, I covered my ears and blocked out the world.

"Aqua." Dr. Shep said with his nasal voice. I shuttered, wondering what kind of pain he would inflict on me today. "Hi." I said, walking over to the operating table. My hands, arms, legs, they were already covered in stitches, trying to keep together my skin. They were running out of places to cut. "No operation today." he said before laying a folder down on the table. I sat on the ground and looked up at the horrible man. "Today, you're talking a quiz."

Just by one quick look at the paper and I knew I was going to fail. Why? Because this was the first question:

        1. How long have you been here?
I panicked. How long have I been here? Using the perfectly sharpened pencil Dr. Shep handed me, I carefully wrote:
        Five days.
That couldn't have been right...I looked up at Dr. Shep but he wasn't paying attention. Could I stab his with the lead?
        2. How long have you been searching for the generator?
Well that was easy.
        One month.
I answered, hoping I was correct. I didn't want to fail, I wanted to prove to Dr. Shep that I was more than an experiment, that I was human.
        3. Do you know Dr. Shep from anywhere else?
I paused. Was that a trick question?
        No.
I filled out other pointless questions about what month it was and how old I was. All easy. But when Dr. Shep graded my test, he frowned, my confidence faltered.
        "Did I pass?" I asked. Dr. Shep shook his head. "No, you failed. You only got two correct." With that he packed up his things and left me to the silence.