Chapter 12: Aqua

I sat in a private waiting room area, biting my finger nails. The doctor said his condition was getting worse and worse. No whenever you go to see him, you have to wear a suit. Grandma was sitting next to me, reading a book. How can she be so calm?

I tugged on the ends of my hair, eyebrows knitted together. Suddenly a nurse pushes the door open making us both jump. "Please, follow me." She said calmly. I stood up and we followed her to an office were she told us to wait. As if we hadn't done enough waiting already.

Then a doctor doctor walked into the room and sat down behind his neat desk. "Hello." He nodded at us. I gulped, to worried to say anything. "I am a specialist here and may I please say, I have never seen anything like your father and your son has." He said. I blinked at him. He took off his glasses and rubbed his forehead.

"What do you mean?" I finally croaked out, finding my voice. "He has this...rash that is making it's way up his body, infecting him. We believe when it reaches his brain or his heart he will die." He said. Well that was strait forward.

"Can you do anything to stop it?" my grandma asked calmly. He sighed. "At the moment, no." That's when a nurse ran into the door. "Doctor, we have a...situation." She huffed, out of breath. The doctor excused himself and followed the nurse out the door. I turned to my grandma, wide eyed. Then I heard screaming and I jumped out of my chair. "What was that?" I asked as I started to panic. I ran to the door.

"Aqua, wait." My grandma said as she followed me out of the room but I was already running to the sound of the scream. I tried to follow the doctor as he ran down the hallways but then he ran into a room. I paused. This was my dad's room. Panic surged through me. Just as I was about to run in there, someone ran out, knocking me over. I was shocked for a moment, but I recovered and pulled myself up.

Towering over me was my father. I screamed and backed up. His eyes gleamed red and he was panting. Just then, doctors ran out of the room and tackled him to the floor. I screamed again. I watched horrified as they held down his hands. My father was some sort of beast!

A nurse pulled me away and covered my eyes. I screamed for her to stop but then I heard a gun shot. My protests turned to screams and I got her hands off just to wish I was blind.

"You killed him." I said numbly as I sat on a metal table in one of the rooms. The doctor st across from my and my grandma in the corner of the room, sobbing quietly. "We had to, Aqua. He went insane." He sighed. I shook my head. "No, you shot him in front of me." I whispered harshly. "You weren't supposed to be there." I kept shaking my head. "How could you?" I hissed.

After that I started freaking out. I banged the metal table underneath me loudly. The doctor looked up, startled. "Why would you shoot him?" I demanded. Silence. "He wasn't even human anymore." The doctor protested. Tears sprung to my eyes and I quickly wiped them away.

My dad is dead.