Chapter 69: Cashmere

My mind flooded with questions. Who would want to see me? Why? Did they know me? It was probably just Dr. Shep. But he always came in on his own. And who was this man, bringing me. He wore normal guard clothing, but he had a mask...and was being very secretive.
        "So...who wants to see me?" I asked for, like, the tenth time. He didn't respond, just continued to make his way through the maze of hallways. I stared at my feet as we walked for eternity. Suddenly the man stopped, causing me to plow right into him.
        Ouch." I grumbled. He steadied himself and touched his finger to his ear. An earpiece.
        "Almost there." he said. "I thought you said she'd be cooperative." I crossed my arms over my chest.         "I am so being cooperative!" I shrieked, nudging his shoulder. He ignored me. 
        "I'll talk to you when we get there." he brought his hand away from his ear and frowned at me. I could barely tell from the mask.
        "This way." he said. I followed him slowly, not sure if I should trust him or not. He turned down another hallway, I glanced back. There was no way I was getting back to my room on my own. Every hall looks the same. All filled with hundreds of doors and lights above each door. It gave me the creeps.
When he turned right, I froze. There was a giant doorway in front of us, probably three times my height. It had beautiful engravings and I tried to make sense of them. Then I gasped. IN the upper left hand corner was a sun. On the upper left hand corner was a black swirl. To the lower left was snowflake, and the bottom right, water. All engraved in the door.
        "It's us." I whispered in awe. He grunted.
        "Hardly. From my knowledge, he has been studying this for years. You're not even worthy enough to have a door based after you." his voice pierced through me. I pouted and put my hand over my heart. 
        "You hurt me, Dave. Right here. Right here." I said sadly, patting my chest. He rolled his eyes.
        "Save it. And the name's not Dave." He said forcefully.
        "My apologies. I would've called you by your real name if you told me it!" I snapped. His face went blank. Now that I've heard his voice, I realize he wasn't as old as I thought. Maybe 16, 15? Huh...what is he doing here?
        "So are we going thought the door or not." I asked.
        "Just shut your trap. I didn't have to do this for a stranger." he said.
        "Oh Dave, so kind." I muttered. "Except, I have no clue what you're doing!" I shouted. He shushed me.
        "I'm saving you, idiot. Now follow me." he whispered. I fell silent. Then I followed him through the door.

These walls were different. They were a soft brown color, but the lighting remained the same. My mind raced. Who was waiting for me? Cryptic? Wilt? I didn't know, but I really wanted to find out. My legs were sore and blood oozed from my stitched. Great, just great. Whoever wanted to see me, I was going to rip off their face. They man stopped at a doorway.
        "We're here." he said.
        "No freaking duh." I said, heart pounding. "Now open the door, bucko." I snapped. He stared at me angrily.
        "Well?!" I spat. He turned the doorknob. My chest did a double skip in my chest. Why was a so nervous? The door swung open. In front of me stood a girl facing the wall. Her dark hair was done in a long braid down her back. She turned around to face me, a smug smirk plastered on her face.

My head went *BOOM!*

My heart went *KER-SPLAT!*

My eyes went *POW!*

My life went *WHOOSH!* out the window.

I stared at the girl standing face to face with me. 

"Mac?"