Chapter 51: Crystal

Don't ask why I've been so emotional. Don't ask why Wilt totally freaked out in the pyramid. Because I don't.

        When we arrived at Egypt, I saw something in the village. A person. I didn't know who it was, and I didn't know why I cared, but I did. You know how sometimes you randomly see or hear something, and strangely it feels like it's very important? That's how I felt. It was even stronger though, because as soon as we appeared out of nowhere, they turned around and ran behind a hut. I didn't get a good look at the person's face, but I thought they were wearing casual clothes, not the robes and jewelry like everyone else.
        I didn't tell anyone. If it was important, they couldn't know we were onto them. If I told the others, it would be obvious we were looking for him. Or her. I had to keep it a secret and find time later to look for them. That's when the lightbulb went off. DING! Cashmere asked about Wilt passing out, and zombie was the first thing that popped into my head. I thought that when they found a lead, they would go off and I would stay behind, being "depressed". And it didn't work. We all went to the pyramid. So much for that plan. But then I had another brilliant idea.
        Since we were walking the the city, which would take maybe 5 hours, I decided I would just run off then to investigate.
        "Hey guys, bathroom break." I announced.
        "There aren't any bathroom, genius." Cryptic sighed.
        "Shut it, goose god. I'll just go behind that tree." I pointed over. How a tree could grow here in a freaking sand land, is beyond my knowledge. Whatever.
        "Be fast, I don't want to be stuck out here at night." Cashmere shuttered. I nodded and went over. As soon as they all looked away, I bolted.

        I finally reached the village we had arrived in, and I rolled up the sleeves on my blue sweater. It was hot here. I asked a couple strolling down the street about a mysterious figure, but all I got out of them was the name of the goose god. I was a lady exiting her house and I walked over to her.
        "Hi. Um, me looking...strange person...you know?" I asked using hand motions. Her face paled and she shook her head. She shuffled off. Strange....I knocked on her door and a couple seconds later, I heard a door slam shut. But I was at her door...
        I walked around to the back of her "house", and saw a person in the distance walking around a corner. I would never catch up, and if I ran, they would know I was chasing them. I saw the door that they had escaped from. I pushed the door open and stepped inside.
        There was pottery, jewelry, robes, all normal Egyptian stuff. But then I saw a bag under a bed, just barely visible. I knelt down and pulled it out. It was open, and full of modern clothing. Man clothing. I pulled it out and looked for any clues. Nothing. But then I felt something hard. I looked, and sure enough, there was a zipper for a hidden pocket. I unzipped it and found a laptop, that was what I had felt. When I opened it, the screen lit up a bright blue color, and in black letters it said,

SOFTWARE LOCATION CHANGE COMPLETE