Capter 48: Aqua

I sat numbly next to a small fire. We were still in the alley way, hiding. Wilt and Cryptic were in the corner talking to each other in hushed tones. That's not suspicious AT ALL.
        "Are you alright?" Crystal nudged me.
        "More like are you okay. You just totally flipped out!" I replied. She sighed, shaking her head.
"I'm just so stressed, sad, and overwhelmed, you know?" Crystal mumbled.
        "Yea, I get it. I'm missing my 8th grade graduation with my old friends. But...I guess they could be dead now." I muttered. She leaned back. "True." After that we went to bed and I dismissed the conversation.

        "Get up." Someone was kicking me. I opened one eye. "GO AWAY.' I groaned and rolled over. Cashmere sighed as she towered above me.
        "Come on. We got to get up and go." she said, trying to pull me up. I went limp and we both tumbled on top of each other. She pushed me off of her and I just laid there, motionless.
        "You two are so weird." Wilt mumbled and Crystal rolled her eyes. I guess they're still mad...

        We started to walk in the general direction of the lab, using our powers that is.
        "My feet are killing me!" Cashmere groaned three minutes into the walk. I sighed and we stopped. Cashmere pulled a rock from her shoe and we started walking again. I squinted at her. She grinned and shrugged.

        We found the lab. The building basically just looked like an office building, tall and white with windows lining the outside walls. It was on the corner of the block but guess what, it was surrounded by security guards. We froze and I knocked into Crystal.
        "What do we do?" Cashmere whispered. Wilt shrugged, with a worried expression plastered on her face.
        "I've got an idea." Cryptic said. We all looked at him. "I'll distract the guards while you four sneak in, okay?" he said. I laughed. "What are you going to do?" Crystal asked, placing her hands on her hips. "Watch." he grinned.
        "Don't do anything stupid." Wilt called after him.
        "Oh I am!" he called back.
Cryptic started to run towards the door, gaining speed. Then he purposely fell and slid across the hot pavement. We all gasped and Wilt covered her mouth in horror. Cashmere whistled.
        "Ouch." I whispered.
Well it worked, the security guards walked over. "Hey kid, you okay?" one fat man asked. Cryptic shook his head, he even started to fake cry.
        "Please, is there a doctor or something? I really busted up my knee." he asked innocently.
        "Yea, in here we have doctors. Come on, we'll help you." They started to carry Cryptic into the building. We were wasting time!

        We all ran over to him. "Wilber! Are you okay?" Crystal said, smiling a bit at the name. Wilt elbowed her. "You know him?" the guards asked.
        "Yea, he's our brother." the guards looked at all of us.
        "I'm not even going to ask." he muttered under his breath. We followed him into the building.
"Haha, Wilber." I heard Crystal say quietly. I looked over at her and we burst out laughing.

        "Well crap." I whispered as I looked all around me. "That was a huge waste of time." Okay, long story short, we searched the whole building in search of the generator and found NOTHING. And on top of that, we ended up knocking everyone out. But at least Cryptic got all patched up.
        "Thanks for sacrificing your flesh." Cashmere said. He stared at her.
        "Uh...you're welcome?"
"Well, Wilt you were right. There is no generator here either. So, where do you want to go?" Crystal sighed. Wilt smirked. "Cairo, Egypt?" she replied. We all nodded. "Why not?" I said.
        The next thing I knew, we were being covered in a black smoke. When it cleared, there was Wilt, passed out on the sandy streets.
        "I don't believe we're in Poland anymore." I whispered.
        "No freaking duh." Cashmere playfully smacked my arm.
People who were trading in the street, or possibly just walking around turned to stare at us. I gulped. I looked up at the tall tan buildings made out of clay. Just being here made me want to break out into Egyptian dancing. Cryptic glared at me. Never mind. I knelt down and helped Wilt by giving her some water. The people all around us gasped as they saw me use my power. I looked at Cashmere.
        Then we heard the people whisper something under their breath, "gods." they muttered. I was about to say something when Wilt's eyes fluttered open. "I passed out again, didn't I?" she asked. We nodded. Cryptic helped her up and didn't let go of her hand. Yuck, young love.

        The people were dressed in headdresses that covered their mouths and hair, with vibrant colors. They seemed like classic Egyptian people. Huh, neat. Then all the people rushed towards us handing us gold and yummy fruits and fabrics. "Long live the gods!" they shouted. I looked over at Wilt. Egypt, she had to have chosen Egypt.