Chapter 37: Cashmere

There was only one thing to say, "Say what!" I asked. Maybe Aqua did have the virus...either that or her concussion was really bad. "No...she's right." Wilt said. "We do have powers." Crystal groaned. "You're all nuts. Wilt what's gotten into you?" Crystal asked. "Yea, seriously, Aqua what are you talking about?" I faced her. Aqua had a far away look in her eyes. "Yes, see...our markings on our hands. My marking is a water drop, and I love water...so I obviously have water powers." she said. "Yea, and I have a black swirl on my palm, and my skin always turns gray when I'm in the dark...so I have darkness as powers." Wilt said. "And I'm Cashmere, today is Friday, and you're all nuts!" I cried. "Cashmere! Listen to me! Remember on the cruise, you were glowing and everything...you have a sun engraving on your hand! Think it through." Aqua said. She was crazy. "And Crystal...you have a snowflake on your hand. You live in Alaska, and you freaking love snow. It's so obvious!" Wilt said.

"Oh yea? Then why haven't we been able to use our powers before?" I pointed out. Aqua paused. "Because we never tried." she said. I rolled my eyes. "No, I am not doing this." I said. "It kind of does make sense when you put it that way..." Crystal's voice trailed off. I shook my head. "This isn't a fairy tale guys! This is the real world where viruses come and people die!" I said. I looked around. I reached my hand up to touch my prism necklace, but to my horror...it wasn't there. I looked down. "Oh no!" I cried. "What? You're necklace?" Aqua asked. I nodded. "It's gone!" I sobbed.

Then I remembered that day when I ran away, with that stupid Bri girl...and I just thought about my necklace and it came to me...maybe I could do it again?

I put my hand out and closed my eyes. I thought about how much I loved that necklace that reflected the light and made rainbows. When I opened my eyes, there it was. Aqua grinned. "See! You just used your powers!" My hands shook and I clasped my necklace around my neck.

I then thought of something else. That strange dream I had had when I ran away. I was in the woods and I had that nightmare...about the coyote and the light and the monster...oh gosh...

"Guys..." I said. "When I ran away I had a dream. About this coyote that shown really bright and I could see it, but only because it was dark. And then when the sun came, it rained so then I could see the tracks to help me find the coyote, then it snowed and I could see the tracks again. I know it's weird and all...but I'm the coyote, Wilt you're the darkness, Aqua you were the rain, and Cashmere you're the snow." I stumbled over my words. "Woah." Wilt said.

Now I understood, it was there the whole time! Now I had no doubt: the four of us were destined to meet.