Chapter 32: Aqua

I honestly was very scared. I clung onto Cashmere for my life. I was shaking so bad that I had to sit down because my feet wouldn't move. "I cn't believe we're going to die from the virus." Cashmere cried. My lip trembled. "I don't want to die!" I wailed. "Well...at least it'll be quick." Cashmere said, trying to offer some comfort. I just glared at her. "Well sorry!" Look, since we're going to die...should we go to the hospital or, like, dramatically run off to the forest? I don't know!" Cashmere screamed.

I glanced down at the dead taxi driver who's eyes had glazed over, still red. He had a dead expression burned onto his face. Ha! Get it? Dead? You know...because he's dead...? Sorry. Not the time. Later then.

Anyway, just looking at him made me want to barf. "I want the water." I whispered. We walked back to the taxi but the doors were still locked. I went to the side of the road and there, gleaming in the starlight, was the keys. The driver must've dropped them. I swiped them and opened the door. I opened the trunk and opened it. There was a container of gas. I laughed. "There was gas here the whole time!" I shook my head, shock overwhelming me of what had just happened. I managed to get it into the car, but half of it got on the ground. "Do you have idea how to drive?" Cashmere asked. I grinned and started the car up."I don't know, you tell me." She rolled her eyes. "Let's do this."

I couldn't do it. I absolutely sucked at driving. I almost killed a deer, a squirrel, and Cashmere and me about 20 times. The sun rose and the sky turned pink. Suddenly, we passed a sign. I squinted to read it.

WELCOME TO PENNSYLVANIA!

The sing said. I laughed. "Oh yea! We're here!" I did a weird dance. "The car!" Cashmere cried. Oh yea. I turned the wheel to the right to try to keep us on the road. I looked over at Cashmere and burst out laughing. "We suck at this!" I said. Suddenly my laughs died down and I remembered that I was dying. Ouch. "You okay?" she asked. I slammed on the brakes and put my head down on the wheel. "No." I replied. Cashmere looked out the window. "At least your honest." I heard her mutter. I missed my dad and my mom and my grandma so much. And on top of that, I'm going to go crazy and try to kill people. I started the car back up and kept driving. "It's going to be okay, maybe the hospital will have a cure." Cashmere offered. I shook my had. I'd probably end up with a bullet in my head like my dad. "Woah! Watch out!" Cashmere screamed. I saw the tree come out of no where, but it was to late. I screamed and closed my eyes.

The car bashed into the tree. I and I lifted my head from the steering wheel. "The air bags didn't even go off!" I moaned. I spoke to soon. The air bags popped up and slapped me in the face. I screamed. "A little late there!" I shoved the bag away from my face. "Cashmere? Are you okay? I asked. She groaned. "Peachy." she muttered. I smirked. But then a burning pain came from my ribs. Ouch. Because we were in the city, people came running over. "Oh crap. They can't touch us...we have the virus!" I cried. We locked the doors. They started to pull on the handle but it didn't work. They ignored out screams to stop and called the police. Oh no! "Stop!" I screamed. I searched for a pad of paper and a pencil but I couldn't find one

"This is just great." I said punched the wheel. "We're going to kill a bunch of people. Yay." I said sarcastically. Then we heard sirens and the police came. They got the doors open pretty quickly. "Don't touch us! Stay back! We have the virus." They backed up and pulled out their guns. "No! Don't shoot us? We come in peace?" Cashmere stepped out of the car. "Just take us to the hospital." I mumbled. We both raised our hands in surrender. Doctors with gas masks came. That's all I remembered as a doctor injected a needle into my arm.

When I woke up I was in a white room, strapped to a hospital bed. I looked around. I was wearing only a white thin gown that didn't cover enough. An IV was in my arm and I tube stuck out from my other arm. "Hello?" I asked calling out into silence. Cashmere was no where in sight. I struggled in my binds. This is just great. I started to panic and thrashed all about. No luck. "Aqua?" A doctor entered the room wearing no gas mask. "Stay back! You'll get the virus!" I cried. "No Aqua. You're special." he said with a strange gleam in his eyes. "What?" I asked. "Who are you?"

"I'm Dr.Shep. And you're immune to the virus."