Beginning of the End

I heard a voice, calling me from the dark abyss.

"Cryptic." she whispered. A shooting pain hit me all at once. I could hear the distant sound of crying and felt something wet on my face.

 "Cryptic, wake up! Please come back!" she cried, voice breaking.

Then the darkness blurred away into a hazy scene. A shaking, frail body knelt next to me.

        "Cryptic? Oh God, Cryptic. It's okay, we're going to get you some help." The girl said, with a scared expression. My hand reached out and cupped her face.

        "Wilt." I whispered. Another round of fresh pain rolled around and I felt something sticky on my chest. Blood. The girl took my hand. Everything screamed, evil...I thought, she's evil...was she?

         "Hang on, Cryptic, just hang on." She sobbed. Confusion swept over me. Something wasn't right. This wasn't real. This was a memory being twisted, twisted. She's evil. A voice said. Wilt is evil.

          "Wilt, I-" I fought against the voice but felt my body dying. My voice gave out and everything was swept away by black. "Love you." 

My eyes flew open. A bright light flooded my vision. I blinked a few times before everything cleared. A man stood next to me, a shocked expression on his face.

                "Cryptic, my son." He whispered. "Welcome back to life."

End of book one.