Chapter 11: Crystal

I was on my way home, Strike laying on the sled, covered in blood and barely breathing, when I found a girl. A girl? Yes, I did. She was alone in the middle of nowhere, looking pale and very cold. This whole situation sucked but I took her to my led and laid her down next to Strike and raced home. My mom and dad would know what to do. But when we arrived home, we were greeted with silence and a miracle in Strike's healing. I couldn't help but feel a little bit suspicious but she needed help. After I gave a tour of my home she pulled of her snow crusted hat and threw it next to her jacket. Her short black hair was a mess and she smoothed it down. Everything about her screamed Goth, the pale skin and dark hair with heavy makeup and the whole Goth outfit, but something about her seemed almost sad. She sat down on my red sofa.
"So, what's your story?" I asked as I sat next to her. I raised an eyebrow.
"Well, I guess I should start from the beginning." And she did. She told me about her dad and how he randomly showed up. She told me about how she almost killed him with this black mist and then ran away. She told me about the long trip to the airport and how this guy with a date dumped her in the snow and then left and then how I found her. When she was done I blinked at her. "Uh..okay?" I said slowly.
"So...you almost killed your dad?" I asked her. She nodded.
"I know, it seems crazy, but it's true." She relied. I paused. Should I believe her...or not? Something about her seems sincere, besides no one would make up something this crazy.
"Okay, well. You're welcome to stay, I just need to find where my parents went..." I said standing up. Her eyes followed me as I poked around the fridge and then I pulled out some pizza. I threw it at her and he caught it. She glanced down at it and then took a large bite. She sighed.
"Yum." She licked her lips. I raised my eyebrows.
"Okay...anyway...why don't I get you something to drink." I said getting some water. Then when I close the fridge door I see a small note. I pick it up and read it. My heart falls when I read it.

Dear Crystal,

I'm so sorry, but we had to visit the house in Florida if we want to buy it. We'll be back in a couple of days, we wanted to stay and tell you in person, but you were gone to long. We'll call you on our cells. With love.

Mom and dad.

Wilt stood up and read it. "Oh." She said. I nodded. I felt strange, being alone with someone I don't even know. "Yea, weird huh?" I said taking a shaky breath. "You okay?" She asked. "Yea, just...yea." I replied. She raise an eyebrow but said nothing, thankfully. "Can I take a shower?" She asked opening her suitcase and grabbing new clothes. I nodded. "Yea, the bathroom is over there." I said relieved to have some time alone. I already missed my parents, I had never been alone before. She walked away and stepped into my bathroom. What had I just gotten myself into?