Chapter 35: Crystal

I sat up groggily. Was I in a...hospital? Oh yeah. I remembered. We had been on the plane and were lucky that it hadn't crashed. Then these people came and took Wilt. I was kicking and screaming, but these big, fat sumo wrestler dudes came over and held me down as the other men drove Wilt away. Would I ever see her again? I began to cry. "Uh, none of dat baby stuff." exclaimed one of the sumo wrestlers. I tried to stop, but I couldn't. I saw Cryptic standing in the back of the crowd, looking down. What were we going to do? We couldn't just move on and go our own ways. We had to find Wilt. "Where are they going? Where are they taking her?" I demanded. The man on my right mumbled, "Don't worry. They'll be back. Then they'll explain everything."

        I felt a spark of hope. Would they bring Wilt back? What if they didn't? I started thrashing, but the sumo dudes held me fast. "Let me go!" I shouted. I heard mumbling and whispering from the crowd behind me and Cryptic emerged from them. "Excuse me, officers. Sorry for the trouble my sister has caused you. I'll take it from here. he said. "Sister? What are you talking about?" I asked. "Now, now, Ashlee. You know Mama will be upset when she finds out you didn't take your pills." he said grabbing my arm. "What?"
"Don't let it happen again." said a sumo dude firmly. Cryptic nodded. "Of course. Sorry for the trouble." he said. He put a tight grip on me and yanked me up. Then he turned around and dragged me through the airport.

        When we got outside, I shouted, "What was that? Sister? Ashlee? Pills! What were you thinking!" "Woah, whoah, woah! Calm down. I made it all up." he said. "Well no duh. What did you think? You could just make up some crazy story, and they would just let me...go...Cryptic you're a genius!" I shrieked. I wrapped my arms around him and he stood there awkwardly. "Sorry." I muttered, stepping back. "It's fine. But I can't say I disagree." he said, smirking. I smiled. "We have to find Wilt." I said. He nodded. "Now where-" Three cars drove past us and around to the back of the airport. They were the same cars tht ad taken Wilt away. "Come on!" I grabbed Cryptic's hand and pulled him along behind me. When we reached the back, we peeked around the corner of the building and saw the men bringing the passengers from the plane out. "Now," I heard him say, "your pilot had a tragic, fatal virus. We must be notified immediately if any of you came into contact with him." I was about to run towards them but Cryptic held me back.
        What are you doing?" he asked. "Cryptic..." I pulled harder, but he wouldn't let go. "Stay here! We don't know who they are! But we do know they took Wilt, and we have to find her. I think our best bet is hiding in one of the trunks. They'll take us right to her." he explained. I was getting desperate. "Cryptic let go!" I shouted. "No!." he answered. "Cryptic!" I screamed."No stop! We have to go to the trunks." he snapped. "Let go of me!" I screamed. "Aaah!" he cred. He ripped his hand away from my wrist. Why was my arm so cold? I looked down and saw...frost? "What the-" "What was that? Your wrist got so cold, it was hot!" he hollered. "I-I'm sorry...I don't know what happened..." "Why do you want to go so badly?" he demanded. "Because...because..."
        "Why?"
        "I have the virus!" I cried. A tear ran down my cheek and my eyes were watering like crazy. He didn't respond. He just stared at me with wide eyes. "Cryptic...I'm sorry." I heard a car door close. I looked back and saw the last of the men walking back to their cars. But they weren't taking anyone with them this time. No one had the virus. Except for me.

        I ran over to the men just as the last man was closing his car door. "Wait!" I shouted. The door stopped halfway and opened slowly. Inside was a man wearing a gas mask with sunglasses, and a leather jacket. I stared at him for a couple of minutes until he said, "Beat it kid."
"Wait. I have the virus." I said as I nervously twirled my braids. Even through I couldn't see his eyes through his sunglasses, I could tell they got wide. "I cam in contact with the pilot and I have the virus." I repeated. "Hey Jack." the man called.  "This gal has the virus, or so she says." he said. "Alright, get her in." said the voice. The man looked at me and said, "Come on, doll. We're gonna take you to the hospital." He got out of the car and led me to a different one.

"In here." he said, opening the door. I climbed inside, and he followed. I was a big area because they had taken the seats out. In the corner was a glass box, about as big as me. "Go on, inside." he said, pushing me after he had put on gloves. "In that?" I asked. "Of course, you have the virus." he replied. I climbed inside, and he said. "You must be thirsty." He handed me a glass of what looked like water, and I drank it. Oh, that wasn't water. Moments later I blacked out.

Soul Stitched (book one)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें