Chapter 24: Aqua

Cashmere was in awe that my grandma gave me money just like that. I told her that she has money put aside for me.
"So, what do you want to do?" She asked, leaning against the boat rail. I shrugged. Cashmere pulled her tangled hair into a ponytail. "Well, I think you should go back to the room and take a shower!" I said, eyes her greasy hair and dirt on her face. "Yea...good idea..."

We went down some stairs and entered our room.The room was big, red carpet and paintings on the wall. A bathroom and one bed. "That's awkward." I said motioning to the bed. "Uh- I'll sleep on the floor" She replied. "Okay." I set my suitcase on the bed and started to unpack. I threw some clean clothes at Cashmere. "I packed extra, get out of that dirty rag." I said. Her eyes widened. "Really? Thanks." She smiled. I rushed her to the shower and then collapsed on the bed. I grabbed the TV remote and started flipping through channels.

An hour later, Cashmere came out of the bathroom looking fresh.

"So, I was thinking...we're docking in New Jersey, right?" I nodded, this wasn't a deluxe cruise or anything. "My Aunt Joan has a house up there in Allentown, so I was thinking once we dock, I can just stay there..." Her voice trailed off. "You're not coming back with me?" I asked, shocked. "I'm afraid not." Disappointment rose up inside of me.

"Okay." Why would she come all the way here to see me, just to leave again? "Hey, you'll be alright." She nudged me. I nodded, not meeting her gaze. "So, you want to go swimming or something?" Cashmere asked. "Sure." I got changed into my bathing suit and headed down to the pool. It was almost empty on the deck except for a few people milling around. It started to drizzle a little bit. "Have you ever swam when it's raining?" I asked Cashmere. She shook her head. "Nope." She replied.I took her hand.

"Well, then today is your lucky day." I pulled her into the pool with me. The rush of the cold water made me go high. Suddenly, Cashmere started to kick and thrash all around. I took her arm and pulled her up.

She gasped, water pouring from her mouth. She spat up water and gagged. "What's wrong?" I asked. She coughed. "I can't swim!" She said. It started to pour as I helped her out of the water. "Well, then why'd ya offer to go?" I snapped, scared out of my mind. "I was going to tell you that I couldn't swim, but you pulled me in!" She growled. "It's not my fault, I didn't know!" I cried. "Well now you know!" Thunder bellowed over head, but I didn't mind it. "I didn't mean to hurt you!" I said, tears pouring down my face. I shivered from the cold, but Cashmere seemed to radiant with heat.

Now that I got a better look, she as glowing! I gasped. Orange sparks as radiant as the sun blinded me. I blinked and back up. "What they heck? Y-you're glowing! I gasped.

"No I'm- HOLY COW!" I looked down at my hand just as lightning struck the ocean far away. My water drop engraving was glowing a bright blue color. "Why is my birthmark glowing?" We both asked at the same time. I looked back up at her. Something strange was going on, and I was determined to figure out what.

Hi, it's me. I've never done this before but uh...whatever. So I just wanted to tell you guys, whoever is reading this, that actually I am copying this story down. I've already written it (that's a lie, I'm almost done) down on paper. At the moment, I'm on chapter 85, so FYI, this is a long story. But it is about to get really, really good! It gets really sad around chapter 70 or whatever. So just hang in there, the girls will all meet soon! Thank you for reading! Also, a special thanks to dragongirl1876, mandagrace101, and vangoto for always giving great feed back and begging for updates. This one is for you guys! Love you all!

whisteria_