Chapter 54: Wilt

I was so pissed I felt like I could rip someone's head off. But sadly enough, I couldn't.
        "Calm down." Cryptic said as he rubbed my back. "Just take deep breaths." he said. I sighed and looked back at him.
        "It's like she wants to fight." I whispered, looking at everyone, sleeping soundly.
        "We should get some sleep." he replied. I nodded and laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. Sleep soon followed.

        I cracked my eyes open to see Crystal sneaking out the door. She's running away again? I silently pulled myself away from Cryptic and followed her. The night air chilled me, but I continued to chase after her.
        "Where are you going?" I whispered to myself. Suddenly, Crystal turned down an alley and I lost sight of her. I looked down the road where she turned, but she wasn't there.
        "Why are you following me?" I nearly jumped out of my skin.
        "What? Me? Following you? Haha...what are you talking about." Seemed legit. I turned to try to find her, but I couldn't.
        "Yea, right. Next time you decide to stalk someone, don't talk to yourself." Crystal snapped, finally stepping out of the shadows. She walked past me and back towards the hut. I bit my lip. I almost wanted to call after her, to apologize, but I had no reason to, right? I mean, she's the one who lied. I slowly started after her. Sand blew in my eyes and I stared at my hands. Why does my life have to be so messed up? Why can't I just be a normal teenage girl who has normal problems? I should've just gone home when I had the chance. No-I should've never ran away. But the police where after me for almost killing my dad, no regrets FYI. I finally made it back to the hut. I opened the door and stopped in my tracks. There was no one inside. They had left.

        My first reaction was:
WHAAAAAAT? THEY LEFT ME!

        My second reaction was:
I hate everyone.

        My third reaction was:
What if they're in danger?

        I searched the whole hut, looking for any sign of them. No suck luck. It was like they had just disappeared. Suddenly, a horrible thought occurred to me. What if they didn't want me anymore? What if they kidnapped Cryptic and dragged him along. Or worse, what if this was his idea? My eyes started to tear up and I collapsed on the bed. It was still messy from where we slept, just minutes ago. It was still warm, in a creepy kind of way.

        I missed Cryptic. I missed his smile and the reassuring wink he'd give me. Sure we'd only been together for like a week, but it felt like forever. No one had ever treated me like that before. He had told me I was beautiful...now he's gone.

        I searched everywhere in the weird village. Dark alleys, houses, even in the public bathrooms (which need cleaning). The sun had come up and slowly the village people had filled the streets. As I walked past a deserted road, I was suddenly yanked backwards and a bag was thrown over my head. I started to scream but someone punched me in the gut. My breath hitched and I was dragged and thrown into a van.
        "Hello? Help!" I screamed.
        "Wilt?" Cryptic said. Cryptic?
        "Where are you?" I felt around. Someone yanked off my hood.
"It's okay. I'm here." Cryptic said, embracing me in a tight hug. The van was pitch black, but I knew one thing, we were just kidnapped.
        "Ew gross." Cashmere said. She's here, too? We all were.
        "Let's break our butts out of here."