Chapter 53: Cashmere

When Crystal had first told us what she had discovered, my heart stopped. My head exploded. My eyes widened. My legs gave out. Don't judge.
        "WHAAAAAT?" I exclaimed.
        "Well, I'm not positive-"
"Well that makes a difference." Cryptic said.
        "But-"
        "How is it possible? I thought we killed him." Wilt said.
"No, we locked him in the closet, remember?" I corrected.
        "I should've killed him when I had the chance." Wilt mumbled.
        "Wilt!" Cryptic exclaimed.
"What? He's a...no good, lying, dirty, rotten, stinky, gassy-"
        "Calm down. I'm not positive it's him, his name was just on the laptop. Someone else could've easily been using it to move the generator." Crystal explained.
        "So it's not him?" I asked.
        "Well I didn't say that. All I know is that someone has been moving the generator from place to place, out of all the locations that Dr. Shep gave us, and is using his laptop to do so. I only caught a glimpse of the person, so I have no idea if it's him or not. But one thing is, if that software was being stored on his laptop, then Dr. Shep is deeper in all of this then we thought."

        When Aqua finally woke up from her mysterious unconsciousness, we explained to her what Crystal had discovered.
        "Please tell me you took the laptop." she said. Crystal rolled her eyes.
        "Of course, I'm not that stupid. Wait, where did I put it again?" I laughed when I saw Aqua smirk. I felt so close to her, even thought we've only known each other for about a week and a half. Who's keeping track of time when you're chasing a generator that's setting of a deadly virus that you're immune to and have powers to destroy? Seriously. Heck, we could've met a year ago and I would've know the difference.
        "Or at least I thought I took it...but I swear there were flashing words that said:
SOFTWARE LOCATION CHANGE COMPLETE."  she said the words in a low voice, similar to my dad's.
        "How do you know it was the generator? What if he was transporting bunnies to Asia or something?" Wilt pointed out.
        "Because I clicked on the word software, and a blueprint of a 'Virus Release' came up." Crystal said.
        "It's so strange, why would someone leave something so important behind? It sounds like it has all the generator software on it, that's way too important to leave sitting out." I said.
        "Well, it wasn't exactly sitting out. It was hidden in his duffel bag. I'm sure he never though I'd find it." Crystal explained.
        "Oh. So where is it? The laptop?" Wilt asked.
        "Right...about that...I don't really know." she replied.
        "Wait, what?" Wilt asked.
"Yeah...it kind of disappeared." she said cautiously. Wilt smirked.
        "So you mean to tell me that you found a laptop with ALL the info we need to stop this virus and you LOST IT???" Wilt shouted.
        "Uh, maybe? But at least the person using it doesn't have it, right?" Crystal laughed nervously.
        "Ugh! You're always thinking on the bright side of things!" Wilt exclaimed. Excuse me?
        'Hey! Don't drag light into this! You're the one always thinking on the dark side of things!" I shouted.
        "Because I am dark! Crystal is snow, she should be thinking snowy...frosty...blizzardly? Gah, never mind, my point is you ruin everything!" Wilt hollered, pointing at Crystal.
        "Fine! I'll prove it to you!" Crystal snapped. She started running in the direction of the village, and we followed. We caught up as she slowed down in the back of a house/hut/cottage thing. She swung the door open and walked in. She dropped down on her knees and looked under a perfectly made bed, as if no one had slept in it in ages.
        "I...I don't understand. His duffle bag was under this bed, the bed was all messy, there were things lying around. It was all here, I swear!" she claimed as tears sprung to her eyes.
        "Way to prove it to us." Wilt muttered.
        "Wilt." I warned, glaring at her.
"What? She lied to our faces." Wilt said. "And here I was sorry because I yelled at you."
        "I did not! It was all here." Crystal promised. 
"Was not."
"Was too."
"Was not."
"Was too."
        "You two are acting like preschoolers!" Aqua snapped.
        "Fine Think what you want, liar." Wilt snapped at Crystal.
        "Think what you want, person that doesn't believe me."
"You know what!" Wilt cried.
"You know what?" Crystal replied.
"What?!"
"What?!"
        "I don't even know who you are anymore!" they screamed in unison. They both ran out of the house in opposite directions leaving us speechless.

        We were in that hut thing we found, sleeping. Everyone was asleep around me, Wilt and Crystal on opposite sides. What was with them? I thought they used to be best friends. 
        I thought back to what Wilt had said. Had Crystal lied to us? I trusted her, but this was kind of hard to believe.
        If I couldn't trust one of us, who could I trust?