Chapter 27: Crystal

It was not a dream. It couldn't have been! I'm telling you, Wilt was standing RIGHT THERE. Right in front of me! It seemed so real...

I was trudging through the snow, and someone called my name. I turned and saw Wilt. Just standing there. All of a sudden. Standing there! Sorry, it was just so bizarre, I didn't know how to process it. So I turned around saw Wilt standing there. I almost ran over to hug her, but she had a serious look on her face. She said she wasn't actually there, and it was a dream. Blah blah blah...you already know that. The she started to fade away, mumbling Cryptic under her breath as if it was some sort of curse? She rippled, got fainter, and POOF! She was gone.

"Where are you? And who the heck is Cryptic?" I shouted, but it was no use. She was gone. "Stupid, no good-" I stopped dead in my tracks. I remembered the dream that I had which seemed so long ago. It was when I had just figured out that Wilt was lost. I had seen a icy wall and heard Wilt scream from behind it. In front of me was a wall, just like the one fr om my dream. But this was was made out of snow, now icy bricks. I took a deep breath and decided to get to the other side of the wall.

I walked up to the wall, feeling more courageous then ever, when I discovered one little tiny problem: it was a wall. How was I supposed to get past it? I couldn't go around. I couldn't go through. I couldn't got over or under or...what was I thinking? Had I actually thought I could get to Wilt? No. I couldn't. It was impossible. I couldn't believe I had gone all that way just to fail. BECAUSE OF A STUPID WALL! No way was a wall going to stop me! I made myself angrier and angrier until I couldn't contain it anymore. I screamed and stomped my foot in outrage, and the wall collapsed.

I stared in awe for at least ten minutes. How had that happened? An avalanche? It didn't seem like a good theory, but I decided to go with it. I held my took a deep breath and peered inside. Snow flew and wind pushed me inside of the cave that was on the other side of the wall. Then I saw her.

Wilt was lying down on a blanket and a boy was leaning over her, holding down her shoulders to the ground, a wild, hungry look in his eyes. I absorbed everything: the candle burning in the corner, Wilt's frustrated expression, the black goop dripping from the boy's head. That's when it all made sense. I had seen Wilt in her dream, she had said something about Cryptic. Cryptic must have been that 'hot boy' Wilt referred to. Then she heard groaning and she disappeared...hmmm...

That's when it all clicked. I had seem something like this in a horror movie I watched as a child. A dead person back to life. The dead person in the movie had black stuff from their head too. It all made sense. Wilt had screamed because she was scared. He had obviously hit his head on something and that black stuff showed Wilt that he was a dead person and she freaked out, then he knew he had to kill Wilt too so no one could find out! I knew what was happening. Cryptic was a...a...ZOMBIE! "What the heck are you doing to her!" I shouted. I ran over and punched him in the nose. He fell backwards in shock, and when I looked back over to Wilt, her eyes were closed. I was to late. "You killed her!" I screamed. He shook his head, blood tricking from his nose. "No, no...I, no..." he said. "You stupid zombie! Die!" I yelled. I took a stick form the corner and started whacking him on the head. He crumbled and lied limp on the ground.