Chapter 40: Aqua

It was so awkward. There must've been SOMETHING going to between Wilt and Cryptic. But I mostly stood off to the side. I wanted to blast Cryptic in the face with water. Wilt was obviously was in love but he didn't seem to notice. Boys, they can be so stupid, which is why I steer away from them.

        "So, where should we go first?" Crystal asked.
        "How about Lublin, Poland. After all, I am Polish." Cashmere said.
        "That explains a lot." I mumbled. She gave me a strange look. I cleared my throat and tugged on the collar of my shirt.
        "So how do we get to Poland?" Wilt shrugged. I sighed.
        "I don't know if I can use my powers to go there, I'm really tired." Cashmere said. I nodded. "Me too." Crystal nodded.
        "While we're here, I'm so getting an iced coffee." she whispered under her breath. I cast her a strange look. "So since you're all so tired, we'll have to do it manually." Wilt said. "Any suggestions?"

        We stood in silence, looking at one another. Cryptic studied his shoes and I looked out the window.
        "I can't believe you all have powers." he said.
        "Well believe it." Wilt snapped. Yup, officially awkward.
        "Why don't we take a train!" I blurted out. "Great idea." Crystal said. Wilt laughed.
        "Guys, we can't take a train across the bloody ocean!" she snapped. I looked down. "I was just saying..." I muttered. We decided to take a plane, even though Wilt didn't want to. Last time she was on a plane, she ended up in the hospital.

        I hate when people are in bad moods. As we sat in the taxi, I kept glancing over at Wilt who glared back at me. When we arrived at the airport, Cashmere paid the driver with gold coins. As we walked towards the airport, I noticed how empty it was. Then it hit me. Of course, all flights have been canceled, with this virus going on it would only make sense!
        "Now what?" I asked. Wilt sighed and looked down at her hands.
        "Well...I'm not too tired, I could take us to Poland." she said. I looked over at her. "You can't, it will drain you. You could die!" It was to late. She had already swarmed us with dark mist. Everything around me disappeared and I was all alone.

        Finally the mist cleared and there I was, standing in Poland. I looked around and laughed. This was amazing. Wilt had taken us to an old city in Lublin, Poland. The streets were cracked and the buildings were brightly colored. Beautiful flowers lined the road and the whole placed just seemed so...happy. I looked down and gasped. "Wilt!" I cried. She lied on the ground, dead? I covered my mouth with my hand. Her eyes were closed and her chest wasn't moving. Crystal bent over her.
        "Get her water! Aqua!" Crystal yelled at me. I jumped and blasted her with water. Oops. I needed to get control over these powers. I slid my thumb across her forehead. "She'll be okay." I confirmed. "How do you know?" Cryptic asked as he cupped her face in his large hands. "I don't know. I can just tell."

        As if on cue, Wilt's eyes fluttered open.
        "Wilt!" Cryptic cried. He embraced her and she sat up. Cryptic let go of her.
        "I'm okay, really." she tried to get up but fell. Cryptic caught her. "Ha, I don't think so." Cryptic scooped Wilt up and carried her.
        "We need help." I looked around. It was the dead of night so no one was out. This whole time difference really messed me up. We randomly picked a house and knocked on the door.

        "Hello?" said a man. I paused. I wanted to turn and run, but we needed help. Plus Cryptic is bigger then this man is. He was a teenager, he was the type of guy that if he was on the sidewalk, you'd go to the other side.Yea. A cigar hangs from his mouth. "Please, we need help. Do you have any food or water?" Cryptic asked. The man sized up Cryptic. I looked up at him. "Do you have money?" the man asked. We nodded. "Come in." We entered the house. I stumbled by the smell of smoke and beer. I wanted to puke. We sat down at a coffee table. I noticed other men in the other room playing a poker game.

        The man handed us some pizza and we eat it quickly.
        "So you speak English?" I asked. He nodded. "Only a little." After we finished eating, Cashmere handed the man 8 gold coins. He gaped at it. "Where did you get this?" he asked. "None of your-"
        The man waved his friends over. "You got any more?" he asked. We shook our heads. I balled my hands into fists, ready lunge into action if necessary. One man grabbed Cashmere but she burned him. He cried out and pulled away.
        "What the-?" I gulped.
        "Thank you for the food." With that, we ran.