Chapter 50: Wilt

A pyramid. I hate triangles. I sighed as we walked to the tour site. The towns people were still following us, which was a little freaky. I was still giddy from my kiss in Poland, I can just picture Cryptic...the way he smiled at me and loved how I was different. No one had every told me they loved me before.
        "So goose, do you think they'll be any mummies?" I grinned over at Cryptic who rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around my waist.
        "Okay, never call me that again." he poked my nose. I slapped his hand away.
        "Well do you?" I ask.
"Mummies? It is a pyramid...so yea." he replied. Aqua shuddered. "Mummies...gross." she scrunched her nose as we waited for the tour guide to let us in the giant pyramid.

        Let me just say, I hated that pyramid. It was like I was trapped in a pizza slice or something. The tour guide started giving us the rules and a history of the pyramid. As if we all didn't learn this in school. Sand blew in my eyes as we waited.
        Finally the tour guide stopped blabbing and finally let us in. But the second I stepped through the tan archway, whispers filled my ear. My vision started to blur as I drowned in foreign voices. Cryptic grabbed my shoulders to steady me.
        "What's wrong?" he asked, concern creeping in his voice. I shook my head, I couldn't concentrate.
        "Help me." someone screamed in my ear. I winced and covered my ears. I looked around, but no one had said anything. Crystal started to tear up. "A zombie I tell you, she's turning into a zombie." I thought I heard her say. I grabbed Cryptic's arm and closed my eyes tight. No one seemed to be hearing anything, the tour guide was already disappearing down the hallway. I knew we weren't allowed to touch the walls, but I leaned against it for support.
        "I'm fine, just give me a second." I panted. Aqua and Cashmere exchanged glances. I finally caught my breath and I stumbled down the hall after the rest of the group.

        "This is the tomb of..." the tour guide's voice faded as I stepped into the room. A loud shout for help filled my ears. I could see wisps of people, just shadows, walking next to and through the rest of the tour group. They wore animals masks on their faces and wore only golden skirts. These shadows were Egyptian people.
        Help us...they chanted. I started to sway, eyes crossing. I lost my balance and toppled to the ground.
        "Wilt!" Cashmere cried.
        "They're talking to me." I hissed as I clawed t her arm. I couldn't even hear myself speak.
        "Who? Who's talking to you?" Cryptic asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder.
"The dead people."

        We were forced to leave after that. I guess my whole talking to the dead thing freaked everyone out. Whatever. It's true, I probably could've talked back if I wanted to. Well, the generator wasn't in the pyramid...so where is it?

        "Here." Crystal handed me a warm burrito thing we found at a vendor. We sat in silence as we watched the towns people walk past us. We sat under a umbrella that blocked the sun from our burned faces. Aqua, Cashmere, and Cryptic were sitting next to the fountain, digging up coins.
        "This whole thing is so weird." I finally said. "Us having powers...I was never really anyone important before...but now I feel like I have a purpose." I said as I took a bite out of my lunch. Crystal looked around nervously.
        "And just for the record, I am not a zombie." I snapped. Crystal looked away and pulled her knees to her chest.
        "Of course you're not, but I have to blame our problems on something, right?" she replied.
        "Yea. I guess I should say I'm sorry." I mumbled.
"Me too. I should've never yelled at you or tried to be the leader." Crystal said.
"And I shouldn't have accused you of liking Cryptic." I admitted. Her face paled.
        "You though-and he-whaaaaaat?" she yelled. I blushed.
        "I know." I laughed.
"It's good to have you back." she said.
        "Yea, it is. Is it just me, or does this place give you the creeps?" I asked. She nodded.
        "Mmhmm. I think it's because the people think we're gods. Totally random though." she said.
The others walked over and sat next to us. Some village people handed us more food.
        "Um, thanks? May your geese be blessed forever?" Cryptic said The people grinned and walked off.
        "So we need a game plan, where do we go?" Aqua asked.
        "How about the big city? It's up North I think." Crystal said.
"Sound good to me." I said as I took another bite of my burrito.
        "Off to the city we go!" Aqua said. "Just follow the yellow sand road." Cashmere rolled her eyes. "You just really like quoting The Wizard of Oz don't you?" she asked her. Aqua smiled. "Maybe, maybe not." But yes, to the city we go.