Chapter 19: Crystal

*Slap* Sorry, hitting myself. Only a stupid person would hit them self. No, normal people do it. Why am I hitting myself? Because I'm punishing myself for being stupid.

        You're probably confused. Allow me to start fro the beginning. Wilt woke up, said she wanted to come home...blah, blah, blah. The end. Next chapter...ugh. Fine. You want details? Oh, I'll give you details...

"I thought you liked it here!" I yelled. "I did, I-I mean I do...I just don't belong HERE!" Wilt replied motioning around. I asked her how she was planning on leaving, and she wanted me to help her. Yea right. I thought she was my friend! My...first friend...I had never met another kid before. Then finally I had, and she wanted to leave. What kind of person does that!?

Then things went really wrong. I began to cry. Was I being a cry baby? Maybe. But tat's not the point. Wilt got mad at me. When I asked her to stay, she yelled at me, saying it wasn't my decision. Was she being a mean baby? Yes, definitely. Sorry, mean baby? What kind of joke is that? *Slap* You get the point.

ANYWAY, she was yelling, I was crying, and nothing seemed right. I almost felt like we had to stay together. We had something in common, something important..like, I don't know. Matching symbols on our hands???

I yelled back at her and ran out of the door. I was furious. Wind blasted my face, and snow blurred my vision. In a couple of seconds, I was knee high in snow! I looked behind me, but my house was nowhere in sight. Just...gone...I had only walked ten yards. Maybe the snow was so thick that I couldn't see it. I began walking in the same direction I had come from, but found nothing. I continued trying to find my house for half an hour, but it was nowhere. "Wilt!" I yelled. No reply. Just the roar of the storm. "Mom! Dad!" Still no reply. I began to breathe heavily. Where had they gone? Where had my house gone? Panic rose inside of me. Suddenly I was thrown into the air and landed thirty feet to my left. "What the..." It happened again. I landed hard against the ground. What was happening? "Aaaah!" I screamed. My hand hurt like never before. I looked down and saw the snowflake glowing bright and steaming. My hand was glowing!!! What was wrong with me? I began to cry because of the pain in my hand. It was sharp, tugging pain. Like someone had tied a knot in my hand and was tugging me somewhere. It hurt like crap! Suddenly I flung forward and landed face first in the snow. I managed to stand up, and my arm moved in front of me, sticking strait out. My palm burned, and my hand pulled me forward.

After many hours, and I mean many, the sky got dark and the tugging suddenly stopped. I continued walking forward, but nothing happened. The glow of the snowflake faded, and the pain subsided. Once I decided it was too dark to go on, I lied down on a rock covered in snow. I missed my sled dogs a lot. I put my head on the hood of my sweat shirt and shivered. I shivered and a tear dripped from my eyes and froze on my cheek. In spite of the bitter cold, I managed to fall asleep.

In my dream, there was a wall. No, a hill. A mountain? A table that was knocked over? No...it looked like a wall. And ice wall...but it wasn't...well lets just get to the point. I was standing in front of that wall thing, when it suddenly began to shake. It was made of stone, iced over and it was about ten feet wide. It gave me a cold, dark sensation. Suddenly I heard a sound, like the sizzle of when you flip over a hamburger on a grill. Then something on it began to glow. It was a...shape? It took about five minutes to fully form, and when it was done, I gasped. The shape was a black swirl, just like on WIlt's hand. Immediately, I knew that she was on the other side. I called her name, but there was no answer. Why would she be behind a wall? Or a table...I mean a hill? Gah! The....thing rumbled. I called Wilt's name again, but there was still no answer. Suddenly I heard a scream from behind the wall or whatever, and it was definitely Wilt's scream. I woke up and sat up. I saw I was covered in sweat. I was breathing hard, and I yelled. "Wilt, she's in danger!"