Chapter 92: Aqua

I didn't look back. I ran, I ran as fast as my legs would take me. Unfortunately, that wasn't very fast. This was why I didn't do track and field in school. One of Dr. Shep's guards grabbed at the collar of my shirt and I fell backwards. I cried out as a guard glared down at me, pointing his gun at my head. That was when something inside of me shifted. The horror of watching Wilt's mother body fall from the window, the sorrow Cryptic's death, Mac being taken away, it all built up inside of me. A low growl slipped from within me and I lifted my hand, slowly. I concentrated and blasted water from my hand. The guard flew backwards and slid across the pavement. I looked over at my friends and they were looking down at their hands- a new power, a stronger power filled up inside of me. My head flew back and if felt as if all of the water in the world was willing to do as I said. This power was different, overwhelming, stronger than me. It controlled me, the price of power was high. Suddenly, my veins started to glow a vibrant blue color. Terror pinged through me. My powers were out of control, I was weak, my powers were trying to rip from me. I felt a breeze pick up, and rain started to splatter down all around me. What was going on? But then I remembered, the vision we had about our powers. That they brought us together with one goal in mind, destroying the generator. That was what they were created for. So they were going to fulfill that task, even if it kills us. That was-if I fought my powers. If I let them take control, we'd have no problem. Just let go.

I closed my eyes and let my brain go numb. My body flinched, still trying to fight as the powers over took my senses, started to control my breathing, monitoring my breaths and heart beats. A blue aura glowed around me. I gasped and my eyes flew open. I saw my friends, they were struggling to control their powers, random bursts of ice, darkness, and light flashed around me.

"Let go!" I yelled. They turned and looked at me. "Let the powers control you." The voice didn't sound like mine. But they seemed to get the message. Wilt was the first to let her eyes close and then started to twitch as her body adjusted to the thing controlling her. Then she opened her eyes, they were completely back, a black aura surrounded her and a wicked grin spread across her face. Crystal and Cashmere followed our example and soon, we were no longer Wilt, Aqua, Crystal and Cashmere, we were Darkness, Water, Ice and Light. We were objects of raw power. We were children of power. Suddenly, the ground started to shake, cracks appeared in the ground and a loud crashing sound filled my ears. I was thrown back as the generator started to rise from the ground. I heard Dr. Shep laughing. Dr. Shep must've transferred the generator here to kill us, somehow. My body shuttered at the sight of the generator. It sparked, sending electric waves throug the air. Without meaning too, my hand, the one with the water drop design was raised and I started to walk forward towards the generator, my powers in control of me. Blue fog escaped past my lips as I stumbled forward. The wind picked up and bricks, sticks, pieces of cars started to fly through the air. Thunder rumbled overhead. I froze, finding myself face to face with my friends. Then, our hands connected. A searing pain shot through my body. I wanted to pull my hand away, to end the pain, but my powers kept me glued to them. But then I felt the grip of my powers slipping away. No, not only the grip, my powers all together. They were, they were being sucked away. I started to panic and tears streaked down my face. The pain was too much. But still, our powers drained away from our bodies. The glow started to disappeared around us and we started to return to normal. Then, the last drop of my power shot from my hand and I pulled away, crumpling to the ground. A symbol, the one I saw during I headache attack in the hospital basement appeared in the air. All of our symbols, the sun, the swirl, the snowflake and the drop of water overlapped and morphed into one. It glowed brightly in the sky, I was forced to turn away, the light too much for my eyes.

"What! No! Stop!" I heard Dr. Shep cry. Then there was a loud clap of thunder and the light died down. There was a terrifying moment of being jerked forward towards the generator and then everything stopped. Everything went

d a r k.