Chapter 56: Aqua

The truck bounced, probably hit a rock, but we all went flying up. Someone screamed and I almost hit my head on the low ceiling. We all gave up on sleep, no way, we were too nervous. When we fell back on the hard ground, Cashmere screamed,
        "My buns! They're broken!" Cryptic stared at her.
        "Please, never say that again." he said. Wilt grinned, but it was more like a smirk.
"Let's just please break out of here!" I said, looking down at these weird cuffs that were put on all our wrists at some point. I forgot that they were there. No luck.Crystal tried to shoot ice at the lock that held us in. But for some odd reason, nothing happened.
        "What he heck..." Crystal looked down at her hands. Her birthmark was glowing, but her powers weren't working.We all tried just to realize that our powers didn't work either. We were...powerless. Haha..oh the fun you can have with puns.
        "I guess we're stuck here." I whispered. I felt stripped from my only protection. People could do whatever they wanted to me, and I couldn't stop them. I was terrified. I was...normal.
        "I think it's the cuffs." I said. These cuffs weren't like normal hand cuffs that you'd put on criminals, they were more like right bracelets, but no way to take them off. They also weren't connected so I couldn't move my arms around. Wilt frowned.
        "I think you're right, because Cryptic isn't wearing any cuffs." Cryptic looked away.
        "She's probably right." he mumbled. We all looked at him. Something wasn't right. Cryptic looked...guilty? "        
        "What aren't you telling us?" Crystal asked. Cryptic shook his head.
        "Nothing, I'm just light headed." he said, rubbing his temple.
"You don't feel warm." Wilt said after putting her hand on his head. Suddenly Cryptic grabbed er hand.
        "Wilt no matter what happens, know that I love you." he said, pain flooding into his voice. We were all taken aback.
        "What are you doing?" she whispered. Then his lips were on hers. Woooow...okay...we all looked away. Cashmere sighed and Wilt blushed fiercely once they pulled away. Wilt is a lucky girl to have suck a great guy as him. He even teamed up with a bunch of girls just to be with her.
        "Hey guys...I think the truck stopped moving.

        Suddenly, the truck door opened and light flooded into the truck. We all covered our eyes and groaned.
        "My eyes!" I hissed as I shielded my face with my hands. I screamed loudly when a man grabbed me and hauled me out of he truck. Everything was blurry from the light so I had to squint just to see.
        "Take the girls to the labs, leave Peter with me." I recognized that evil voice. It had to be the one and only, Dr. Shep. I was dragged inside a huge white building. I heard Wilt screaming for Cryptic, but who was Peter? Suddenly everything went black and all I could hear was Wilt's pathetic cries.

        When I opened my eyes, I was alone in a room, lying on a cold metal table. I saw metal tools on a tray next to my head. I tried to sit up, but I was trapped down. I started to panic. Where was I?
        "Help!" I screamed until my throat was bloody. Someone opened the door and five doctors entered, all strangers wearing the same white coats and black slacks.
        "Put the mask on her." One doctor instructed as he picked up a scalpel. All the blood drained from my face. I tried the knock t sharp knife from his hand but the cuffs gave me a hard shock, paralyzing me. A make was placed over my nose and face.
        "What are you doing?" I screamed, voice cracking. A gas filled my nostrils and everything started to fade. But not fast enough. I was barely awake just as I saw them cut into my arm. Pain flooded over me just as I fell into a drugged sleep.