Chapter 26: Wilt

I felt like a Disney princess, except for the fact that I'm goth and my arm was dislocated. But anyway, I kept sneaking looks at him like you would do in 3rd grade. Cryptic went into the closet and came back with an bigger ax. "Wow, what are ya doing with that?" I asked taking a step back. "I'm going to break the ice with it, remember?"
"Oh, right..." He looked at my leggings and snorted. I looked down at them. They were gray with a skull design on them. I crossed my arms over my chest. "Are you you judging me?" I asked. He shrugged. "Do ducks have lips?" he asked. I paused. "Is that a trick question? Because I suck at those." I joked. He rolled his eyes. "Haha. You're so funny." He said in a flat tone. I admired his muscular arms as he brought the ax down on the ice wall. "I've also never seen shoes that that before." Cryptic glanced over at them. "What? They're just combat boots." I shifted my feet, feeling uncomfortable. Cryptic brought the ax down on the ice again. A sharp shard of ice broke of and shattered on the hard stone floor.

"This isn't going to break. Maybe in a week or so..." Cryptic said as he dropped the ax on the ground. It made a loud clattering noise. He sat down and leaned against the ice. "That's it? You're not even going to try again?" I shouted, picking up the ax. "Wow! Hey, calm down! " he said. I brought the ax down on the ice, tryiing to break it. A loud shrill sound echoed when the ax hit the ice. Cryptic jumped back. "What did you do." he asked. I shrugged, still steamed. "The same thing you did." I shot back. "It's never made that sound before..." he said, stepping away from me. "Why are you freaking out?" I asked him. "S-something's not right..." he replied. I rolled my eyes. "You're nuts." I said, knocking him in the head with my hand. Cryptic cried out in pain, clutching his head. "What? What happened" I asked, dropping down next to him. "What did you do to me?" he said through clenched teeth. I stuttered over my words. "I didn't do anything." I shrieked.

"My head! My head!" He groaned as he rolled on the ground, thrashing all about. "Hold still." I commanded. I laid his head on my lap and took his hair of of the small ponytail. I felt around his head, looking for any blood or something. I really didn't know what happened. I took my hand away. Black liquid dripped down my fingers. "What the...?" I took a closer look. A black slime oozed from his head. "Oh my God." I gasped. I grabbed a fist full of snow from the walls and placed in on his head. It instantly turned back. "What the heck." I looked around, freaking out. Cryptic groaned, his eyes closing. "Cryptic? Talk to me." I said, lightly slapping his head. I looked down at my hand. My swirl engraving on my palm faded from glowing earlier. I gasped. The purple glow disappeared and I shook my head. I was totally seeing things.

I ran to the closet and grabbed a towel. I went back to Cryptic and placed it on his head, trying to stop the black slim. He moaned. I thought he was going to die for sure, but after I watched his chest rise and fall a few times, I went back to the closet and grabbed some blankets and a candle. I laid the blanket down on him and placed the candle next to his head. His expression changed from pain, so relaxed.

The cave got darker soon, so I figured that it must be night. I was tired enough, but didn't I just wake up? I laid another wool blanket on him and blew out the candle. I said don next to him. I hoped he wouldn't wake up so I could just stay like that. His breathing lulled me to sleep and I curled up and laid my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and sleep eventually got a hold of me and I drifted off...

In my dream, I say Crystal trudging through the snow, calling my name. "Crystal!" I shouted. "Wilt?" She looked around. "Over here!" I said waving my arm. "Wilt! How did you find me?" she asked. I narrowed my eyes at her. "This is a dream, of course I found you." I laughed. She shook her head. "No it's not." she replied. I crossed my arms over my chest. "Oh yea? Try to touch me." I said. She tried to place a hand on my arm but she went right through me. "Oh wow....this is...weird." she mumbled. She jumped right through me. "Stop that." I scowled at her. "Anyway, I'm trapped in this cave. You have to find me. But take your time. I'm with a cute boy." I said. Crystal shot me a confused look. "A boy? What?" she asked. Suddenly I heard a moan. I turned around and realized it was Crystal. Back in the cave he mus've been waking up. I started to fade. "Wait! Wilt!" Crystal screamed. "Find me! I think you're close!" I shouted as I disappeared.

My eyes shot open. "Crystal!" I gasped. She wasn't here, but when I looked down, Cryptic had soaked through his towel. I gagged and threw the towel away from his head. Gross. Cryptic's eyes fluttered open. "No...go back to sleep." I cooed. "Um...Rock a bye...la la la...say goodnight? La da da la da da la say goodnight du du dud little angel goodnight?" I sang to try to get him to sleep again. It worked, he drifted off and smiled which made me want to kiss him. But I'm only 13! I grabbed a handful of snow and patted it on his wound. I wondered what happened to him. Was it my fault? It couldn't be. I only hit his head, how would that even had happened? If it was my fault...God I'd never forgive myself. I didn't mean to hurt him!

Suddenly Cryptic's eyes fluttered open again. I  jumped back in surprise. "Wilt, what's going on? Why am I on the ground?" Cryptic asked panicy. Is pannick or panicky or paniky a word? Whatever. Anyway, I rushed to his side. "Are you feeling okay?" I asked him. "Yea, why?" he asked looking around. He looked around at the blankets on the floor and my jacket in the corner. "What happened?" He asked scrambling away from me. Heat rose to my cheeks. "You like, passed out or something! But don't move around, your head is still injured." I replied, still siting down. "My head is fine? What's wrong with you?" Cryptic said, pressing himself against the wall. Ouch, that hurt. He saw the hurt in my eyes and said, "Sorry, you're just acting weird." he said.

"Me? You're the one who just passed out and had black crap shooting out of your head!" I screamed. Cryptic finally walked over towards me. "No Wilt, I didn't. I think you need sleep." he said, lying me down. "No! Let go of me! You're not well, Cryptic stop!" I cried. He looked at me as if I was nuts. "You need sleep." Cryptic repeated. "Stop it!" I snapped. What was he doing? He forced me to lie down. "Go to sleep." he said.

Suddenly, as if things weren't crazed enough, the ice wall burst. There stood Crystal, breathing hard. Her eyes widened when she saw the scene. This must've looked really bad. Cryptic holding me down the ground, him only in an under shirt and pants, my jacket thrown off to the corner. I gulped, afraid of how she would react. Oh dear. Crystal ran over and punched Cryptic hard in the nose. I screamed for her to stop. I'm sorry to say, but that's when I passed out.