Chapter 93: Cashmere

When my vision cleared I was lying on the ground, a terrible pain in my head and my joints. I looked around, feeling a strange sense of calmness. The wind was gone as was the storm and all that was left around us was branches, shattered glass and bricks. The generator still loomed over head threateningly. But then, a terrible groaning noise filled our ears and the pulling sensation started again. It started slow, the generator pulling branches and stones towards it, but then, it started to move cars. The others started to rise, groggily but woke up when they saw what was going on.

                "We have to go!" I croaked out. "Get up!" I didn't know what was happening. I think the generator was shutting down, destroying itself. If that was what was happening, then we needed to get out of there, fast. We stumbled to our feet and started running. But the weird pull to the generator made our movements slow and hard to push forward. I gripped onto sides of buildings for help. I saw Dr. Shep's taxi bash against the side of the generator and stick there like a magnet to metal. Speaking of Dr. Shep, I saw him, struggling against the pull, trying to run, but I could see the terror in his eyes. His life's work, destroyed right in front of his eyes. Suddenly, my foot slipped and I was jerked backwards. I cried out but Aqua grabbed my hand. She was holding onto a light pole and she pulled me down to it. I grabbed on and we continued to run. The farther away we got, the easier it was to run. But other objects started to get moved as well, such as busses oh and you know, building. Bricks were pulled from the cement and went flying, before we knew it, buildings were collapsing killing infected and innocent people. I glanced back at the generator and gasped. An ear blasting boom filled my ears and the generator started to cave in, pulling more and more things in. It sent out smoke, fire and electric current zapped through the air. But then, a vision over took my eye sight and all I could do was keep my grip on the building I was holding on to. It was the visions I had seen before, but they played too quickly, in fast forward. But then it slowed and I saw my grandma sitting next to me as I laid on a hospital bed. A doctor was operating on her hand and she seemed woozy.

                "Are you sure this will work?" She mumbled. The doctor looked over at her.

                "If what you're saying is true, then it better." He said. He then but a syringe down on her hand and pressed down on the top. When he lifted it, a glowing gold colored liquid was in the bottle. He flinched but then walked over to my lying figure. I couldn't have been more than four, maybe younger. The doctor bent his head and pressed the needle into my palm and then let the liquid into my hand. Red marks spread from where he injected it until it formed a sun. Then it started to glow until the doctor had to look away from the brightness. My eyes flew open and I started to scream.

But then the vision faded and I was standing in the street, loud sounds, screams filled my ears. I looked around, horrified but now wasn't the time to talk about the vision. We had to get to safety. We didn't-didn't have our powers anymore, so there was nothing we could do if a building started to collapse on us.

                "Aqua, you have to tell the people in the hospital, tell them to get out of here." Wilt instructed as she looked around. Aqua nodded and took off running to the white building that was groaning from the constant pull of the generator. Suddenly, it exploded. The hospital. It erupted in flames, smoke rising towards the sky, fire licking upwards. Aqua was thrown backwards and she knocked into us. We flew backwards and the generator pulled us towards it. I cried out and grabbed onto a pole.

                "Take my hand!" I shouted. They latched onto one another and we held on. Why had the hospital exploded? Then, somewhere close by, another loud boom went off and we heard screaming. I closed my eyes. Why was this happening? Then it hit me. Our powers was destroying anything to do with the virus. Any places it touched, any people. Another building imploded, crashing down to the ground. Oh no. I looked back at the generator and found it still spraying sparks, still dying. Dr. Shep was nowhere in sight, hopefully he was dead. But then there was Mac. God, no. She was in the back of a truck, the generator was probably killing her now. I squeezed my eyes shut. I could only hope she had gotten out before the explosions. I started to panic, everything around us was falling apart. I felt so helpless, no one was here to save us.

                "Guys, if we don't make this, I want you to-to know-"

                'Shut up, Cashmere, we're going to make it." Wilt hissed. I blinked away tears and nodded. I screamed as a powerful tug from the generator made me lose my slippery grip on the pole. We slid forward, screaming. I think Aqua took my hand as we awaited death. But then,

The generator exploded.

Fireballs shot from the surface, the pull died and flames rolled down the streets. I covered myself and cried out as the flames tumbled over my exposed skin. I had once controlled flames, now I couldn't. Now it was killing me. But then the fire disappeared and I looked up. Where the generator was sat, was just rubble. Stones, bricks, tree branches, bodies of Dr. Shep's guards and infected. I couldn't stand, move my muscles. I didn't feel any pain which scared me. In fact, I couldn't feel anything. I saw, Wilt, Crystal and Aqua all lying beside me, skin red and deep gashes across their skin. But we had done it. We had stopped the generator, gotten rid of the virus. But we were dying. No help was coming.

This was it.

Darkness swallowed me whole.