Chapter 42: Wilt

My heart was frozen for a moment before I could understand why Cryptic had collapsed. Then suddenly Cashmere came and helped me carry him. I wondered how much she had heard.

        Another round of bullets fired overhead. I ducked my head and ran. What was happening?

Think Wilt, think! I recovered from the loud sounds of a gunshot and only then did I notice the men who gave us pizza, holding a gun to Aqua's head. Anger shot through me. I barely knew this girl, but she was so nice and innocent. It was like someone beating up a puppy. It felt like the world was crashing all around me.

        I closed my eyes, thinking about ho angry I was at Cryptic, just a few seconds ago. I used my powers to shoot a toxic looking ball of death at the men. The dodged it, but a look of horror registered on their faces.

Oh yea, I keep forgetting my powers weren't normal.

        "Give us the girl!" the man pointing the gun at Aqua's head said. I was suddenly terrified that Aqua might die, but I covered by saying a sassy comment, "Which one?" I asked, finding my voice.
        "The one who can make gold." The leader said, stepping forward. "That would be me." Cashmere said, placing Cryptic on the ground. At the moment, I didn't care what happened to him. "She's coming with us, or the girl dies." he said digging the gun in her head, making her flinch. "No, I'm the only one who can play with death here, and that's not going to happen." I said bluntly.

        I then lunged at the leader, pinning him to the ground. "Let her go, or he died." I said, flashing them an evil grin. Why was I doing this? I'm not a monster. Yes, even know I knew I should let him go, I didn't.

        "Wilt, you can let go, we have Aqua back." Crystal said. "Shut up." I hissed, I was just as mad at her as I was at this man I was choking. Crystal recoiled and took a step back. I looked down at the man and found him dead. I scrambled away from he body, terrified. "Let's go, Wilt." Aqua whispered, helping me up, but I was still backing away from the corpse, tripping over my feet. "Pull yourself together." Cashmere said as she put a hand on my shoulder. I pulled away.
        "I killed him." I said quietly. "We need to go." Crystal eyed the men as the scattered, now that their leader was gone, they had no purpose. They might come back for revenge. "I can't do this anymore." I said, looking down at my hands in horror. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Cryptic sitting up, rubbing his forehead.

        Was it strange, that just minutes ago, I was asking Cryptic to go back to Alaska? I could see no purpose of him here, he only passed out. I was mad at Crystal for being so perfect, too. With her perfect brown hair always done in cute braids and having an awesome power. What do I have?

Death.

        I closed my eyes tight, wishing the world would melt away. "Wilt, let's go." she repeated. "Go where! There's no place to go! We have no idea where this bloody generator is, so we might as well give up while we're still sane." I hissed at Crystal. She bite her lip. "At least we're sane, I'm not to sure about you at the moment." Cryptic muttered under his breath. I glared at him with such hate he even apologized. "I was just trying to be funny." he said looking down.

Whatever.

        "Don't lose faith, Wilt. We can stop this virus from spreading and then we can live happily ever after right?" Aqua said. how she is so positive, I will never know. I mean, she just had a freaking gun pointed at her head and now she's blabbing about fairy tale endings. "Yea, that's right! Plus we have powers." Cashmere said, nudging Aqua's side.

        "Is anyone going to help me up?" Cryptic asked. I snorted. "No." I said rolling my eyes. He frowned at me, tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear. Crystal helped him up and jealous rolled over me like a tractor.

        I just needed Cryptic gone and out of my life, was that to much to ask for?