Chapter 66: Wilt

Every inch of my hated that I hated Cryptic. He was a liar and a thief and it drove me crazy that I fell for him. How stupid was I? Apparently very stupid.
        As a new day rolled around, my hunger grew and I wished for food. Instead I got Cryptic.
        "I'm so sorry." said Cryptic. I blinked away tears and didn't dare to look into his brown eyes. "Please forgive me." his voice cracked and he gripped the metal bars tightly as if he was the trapped one. I held my breath and glanced up at him. I gasped the second my eyes landed on him.
        "Oh Cryptic." I whispered, take a back by his appearance. He smiled sadly and looked down at the ground. Everything about Cryptic made my brain scream one word:

Sick.

Oh yes, everything was disoriented about him.

The way his eyes lingered too long while staring at things.

The way his breathing came in short and heavy.

The way his eyes looked bloodshot and burdened with dark bags.

The way he limped around.

The way his hands shook his the meek effort on clinging onto the bars.

What had I done?

        "I know, it's bad." said Cryptic. I gulped back a sob and narrowed my eyes at him. He was playing victim and I almost fell for it, again.
        "GO away." I hissed. Cryptic's eyes pleaded for forgiveness, but I had none to offer. With a shaky sigh, Cryptic struggled to rise to his feet. I turned away.
        "Please, I never knew this would happen-"
        "But it did, Cryptic. It did happen. Look at what you've done to us!" I stood and walked over to the bars. Cryptic stumbled backwards in horror. "No...Wilt...please understand..." begged Cryptic.
        "I swear on my life, that if anything happens to Crystal, Aqua, or Cashmere, I will kill you." I hissed. I watched tears streak down Cryptic's pale face and he limped out of sight. Once I knew he was gone, I collapsed against the hard bars and wept. The light bulb above my cell flickered out, leaving me in complete darkness.

        This darkness was different. For once, I wasn't in control of it and I hated it. As if your only weapon was being used against you.
        The next day passed by slowly and hunger ripped me apart. I hadn't eaten in two days. My throat screamed for water and my head pounded with a monstrous headache. I hear the door to open so I called out for Cryptic to go away.
        "Oh it's not Peter." Dr. Shep said. I glanced over at him wearily, not even making an effort to stand. "Please let me go." I mumbled. "I'll give you anything. Just let us out." I sat up. Dr. Shep opened my cell.
        "A little late for that, deary."
With that, I jumped up and pushed Dr. Shep out of the way and ran. Dr. Shep grabbed my arm and twisted. I screamed in pain and I heard a horrible cracking sound. I gasped and looked down at my arm. That's when I started screaming.

        Dr. Shep pushed my into an operating room and strapped me to the table. My arm screamed in pain but I still struggled to get out of the metal clamps. Suddenly Dr. Shep turned around holding a very large needle.
        "No." I croaked out. "No!" I thrashed but I was completely powerless as he lifted the needle. Then he plunged it deeply into my chest.