Chapter 46: Wilt

I looked down the hallway to check for anything suspicious looking. The only thing I found was a freakishly old lady. I made my way back to Cryptic's room. The doctors were letting us see him now. My emotions were all tangled up in one huge knot. I knew I liked him but...I was never good at loving people. They either end up dead or they leave me.
        I walked into the hospital room. An IV was sticking out of his arm and he was glaring at the doctor.
        "Oh Wilber!" I cried and ran over to his side. I hugged him and he whispered in my ear, "Get me out of here." I pull away, smiling. "I love you, too!" Cryptic or Wilber sighed and laid his head back. The doctor finally left. I took his hand. His expression softened when his eyes locked on mine.
        "You okay?" I asked. He nodded, but he didn't look to well. Big dark bags had found a home under his eyes and his face looked a little thinner then I remembered.
        "I'll be alright." He swallowed and closed his eyes. I sat on the edge of his bed and looked around.
        "I hate being sick." Cryptic groaned. I smiled. "Me too." Cryptic opened his eyes and suddenly, it was like everything around us froze. The beeping of his heart monitor seemed to fade into silence, as if we were the only people in the hospital. My heart rate sped up and my eyes widened. Cryptic sat up and took my hand, with his other, he cupped my face and slowly pulled me down towards him. I closed my eyes when I felt his lips on mine. A warmth spread across my body and when he pulled away, my heart yearned for his touch. His beautiful eyes searched mine, searching for something to hold onto. A slight smile settled on his lips and I leaned down for another kiss.

        "Aren't you two supposed to be brother and sister?" Aqua asked as she walked into the room. I jumped and stood up. My cheeks burned and Cryptic and I started to make up excuses "No it's alright, I can leave." her face was bright red, too. "Sorry, it's fine." I said, even thought it really wasn't.

        Aqua and I walked down the hallway in search of the others. When we ran into Crystal she had a concerned look on her face.
        "What's wrong?" Aqua asked. Crystal looked at me.
        "I can't find Cashmere." she replied.
Aqua's face went completely white. "Did you check the basement?" Suddenly the elevator doors opened and we all looked over. Cashmere was sweating and panting, she had a deep scratch on her neck and it was bleeding pretty bad. "Cashmere!"Aqua cried. Cashmere looked down the hallway.
        "Get Cryptic, we need to leave. Now." Cashmere panted. We asked no questions and just ran back to Cryptic's room.

        "What's going on?" Cryptic asked. "Sorry." I said. He looked confused. "For what- OUCH!" he cried as I ripped out his IV. I helped him help. "Why are we leaving?"
        "Because we're being chased." Crystal said. We burst out of the room and looked around. The hallways were empty but that didn't mean security wasn't coming. We started to run towards the door only to be stopped by security guards. I smirked at Cryptic. With a wave of my hand, I sent them flying down the hallway. We left the hospital and I glanced back. I pulled Cryptic's hand and we disappeared down an alley way. We crouched down in the shadows. I forced the darkness to conceal us. I started to relax when no one came down the street. 
        "That was awesome." Cashmere laughed. I nodded. "Yes it was."

        We made camp there in the alley and Cashmere told us about this place were the medicine is made. It made sense. The generator would put the virus in the medicine, so they'd be killing the people without knowing. "I think we should try somewhere else, though. I mean...it wasn't at the hospital so why would it be here, too." I finally said. Crystal looked up. "No this makes sense. I know I was wrong about the hospital but this is correct. I feel it in my bones." I scoffed at her. "Who put you in change anyway?" she asked me.
        "I'm not in charge! Everyone just agrees with me." I growled. She frowned.
        "Look. Let's just check this place out. If it's not there, then we can choose where we want to go next." I said.
        "See! You're in charge." Crystal screeched.
        "Aqua, am I in charge?" I asked her. Her face went pale. "Um...no." she mumbled.
        "Ha, there."
Ugh, what's wrong with Crystal? She's being such a jerk.

        We decided to leave in the morning, but until then, we slept in the dark. Cryptic and I held hands as we slept. Besides the fight with Crystal, I had never been happier.