CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
R e a d y 2 S t a r t

The movie was a thriller, so I wasn't all that into it, but it was still somewhat interesting in some parts that I've seen of it. I was glad that I was paid for the entire experience, whether it was not much going on or not. So, after the premiere, Mr. McKnight invited us all to lunch to make up for there not being an after-party, but I declined and got dropped off at Terrell's home.

I chose to stay behind because I didn't want to get past a working relationship with him. He was my boss, and that's the only way that I see it staying.

While I was entering the house, my cellphone rang, and I answered it, realizing it was the landlord, letting me know that an apartment was available to check out. I hung up the phone after letting the guy know that I would be there.

"I'm sorry if y'all wanted to do something together," I apologized, placing my cellphone into the purse. "But I have to go check out an apartment, the landlord just called me,"

"That's not a problem," Toya replied, standing up as she tossed her hair over her shoulders. "I'm going with you because we weren't doing anything,"

"I'll go to, I'm not gonna let nobody play games with you. Although you're moving out; I want you to have the right place to stay in. I'll be on my best behavior," Terrell said, getting up from the sofa as he headed upstairs.

I wondered if that was true or not, but I chose to ignore it as Toya; and I walked out of the house, heading towards my rental car.

"You know that you didn't have to come with me," I told her, unlocking the doors.

"That's okay," Toya asserted, waving it off as she opened the door to the passenger seat. "We weren't even doing anything but watching movies. Also, I wanted to be there for support because you're my sister!"

I nodded my head with a smile, getting into the driver's seat, and saw Terrell locking his door as he then jogged towards the car. As he walked to the passenger door, he went to open it until Toya pressed the button to put the window down.

"Get in the back!" She ordered, laughing afterward.

"Man..." He frowned, smacking his teeth as he opened the door to the backseat and slid inside the car. "Where's this apartment at?"

"It's probably ten minutes away from your house," I said, answering his question as I put the address into the GPS and turned on the car. "However, from the production company, it's like ten to fifteen minutes away. I would have to leave extremely early for work to be there on time,"

"That's cool," He replied.

I pulled away from the house, going in the direction of the place that the GPS directed me. I was excited to move into my apartment, and I thought that choosing a studio apartment was the perfect decision since I'll get to start my career. Hopefully, the apartment didn't go over my budget.

"So, where are you going to get the furniture and stuff for your apartment?" Toya asked.

"It'll probably be a while before I buy any decent furniture," I stated, driving down the road. "I'm okay with getting some cheap furniture at the moment."

I knew that it would be hard to find furniture for this studio apartment without any help from my family. I struggled a lot in Baton Rouge without their assistance, but I felt like it would be different here since I was working towards achieving my dream.

"You know that I got you with whatever?" Toya assured. "Like I'm not telling you that because you're friends with my brother, but you genuinely think of you as a friend, more like a sister."