CHAPTER ELEVEN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

B u s y D a y

JAN 2020

Today's weather was decent as the sun was shining brightly and there was a cool breeze blowing now and then as I stepped out of the car, dusting off my pants before I shut the door and entered the work building. I arrived at work just as I said I would, clocking in the system before I began to make coffee for everyone. I hummed a song while doing so as I heard footsteps entering the room and turning around seeing that it was Malik who looked good in his business-causal attire.

"You seem to be in a good mood," He grinned, as his eyes seemed to never leave mine. Malik wore a blue striped button-down long sleeve shirt, with some buttons unbuttoned, white slacks, tan suede Oxford shoes, tan blazer as he accessorized with a nice leather wristwatch, glasses and his hair looked clean cut. He just knew he looked good the way he talked as moved over to me extending his arms out for a hug, "Ms. Davidson."

"I am," I replied, trying to keep myself together, as I caught a whiff of his cologne that made me want to melt right in his arms yet I kept myself busy by making sure all of the tops on the coffee were sturdy, giving him a friendly smile and hug which made me hold my breath for a few seconds as I stepped back. "How are you this morning, Mr. Porter?"

"I'm feeling better seeing you," He chuckled, probably noticing the effect that he had on me. If he didn't notice, then I was doing a good job of hiding my facial expressions on my face. Instead of reacting he gave me one of his charming smiles as he started to turn out of the room. "I'll let you continue, you look nice by the way..."

As he left, I found myself smiling weirdly again.

I got that out of my thoughts, going to the elevator and pressed the button as I got inside the elevator and waited until I got to the second floor. As I walked in the hallways of the second floor, I knocked on the door and allowed in; I walked inside the room with a smile on my face.

"Good morning everyone, here's your morning coffee." I greeted all of the workers in the writer's room, putting everyone's coffee in front of them. Most of them were speaking to one another not noticing that I put a coffee in front of them as for others they all replied in a union.

I smiled at them all, retrieving the tray from the table and turned on my heels as I got ready to exit out of the room to only be called upon by Mr. McKnight, of course, who looked his best every day. He seemed like the type to wear a suit on the off days though there wasn't anything wrong with it as he looked his best in suits.

"Before you go, Davidson," Mr. McKnight called. "I would like for you to set up the auditions room again as we're going to be getting ready for the auditions."

"Already on it." I smiled, leaving out of the room as I shut the door and was bumped into someone that I was waiting for. "Good morning Leandra."

I didn't let her reply as I watched her face expression hold shock before I got back on the elevator, leaving her speechless. I couldn't help it, seeing her look shocked and surprised every time I showed up earlier than her; it made it fun to me.

I was also mighty surprised that she or Issac didn't show up for Terrell's party because they were all friends priors before I even arrived at the company.

Instead of dwelling on it, I got back on the first floor using the elevator before going to my desk, to get started on my duties. I had to make more copies for scripts, manage the paperwork being the timesheets, scripts, and contracts, amongst other paperwork, read and send emails, make phone calls, manage the audition's room, sort and distribute mail and delivery, compiling and updating client paperwork as well as updating client lists.