CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
T i m e o f a L i f e t i m e

Three days later...

Today was the day of my first meeting with the talent agency, and I was nervous as hell getting prepared for this interview. I wore denim blue medium-high waist jeans with a dressy tan sweater and matching tan ankle strap heels. My hair was pulled into a high bun with neat, not over the top baby hairs and nice soft glam makeup look.

I made sure I had my headshots and resume ready to make sure that I had a lot of copies if needed. Also, I had some monologues that I did well in my acting classes with Ms. Deanne. I even had a list of reviews of my acting. Also, a list of names and numbers to show I've been networking.

"Wish me luck, yall," I said, checking the time; again.

Johnathan and Mr. Chandler both accompanied me to the meeting as I rode in Johnathan's Escalade. I was here eight minutes early for the interview. So I could make a good impression on the talent agent. I worked on my answers to questions, being sure to try to sound as comfortable as possible.

"You got this, Breanna," Johnathan assured, holding a smile on his face. "You've shown me all the hard work that you have, and you have what it takes to be a star."

"You've shown the determination in my office the first time I met you," Mr. Chandler co-signed, sounding just like a motivational speaker. "I believe in you, and you should believe that you have the talent to make it."

"I appreciate the kinds words," I laughed, feeling much better than before.

Johnathan's driver opened the door for me as I stepped out of the car, thanking him as I let out a deep breath heading to the front glass door.

I entered the talent agency company, and the building was three stories high with an expressionism architectural style. Opening the front door, I took in the sweeping curved rooflines and the wall surfaces. I admired the convex surfaces and arched spaces.

The front lobby was huge that featured intimate seating pockets and a large communal table for multiple people to sit. The agency's waiting room got decorated in the colors grey, silver, and tan. I moved further, going to the front lobby desk where the receptionists were.

One of them was busy with a person as I walked over to the other one. The receptionist named Suzanne Myers was typing on the computer but stopped once she noticed me.

"Hello, how may I help you?" She acknowledged, clasping her hands together on the desk with a smile on her face.

"I'm here for a meeting with Vincent Owen," I told her, putting my portfolio down.

"Can I have your name, ma'am?" She asked, getting ready to look at the computer.

"Breanna Davidson,"

"Breanna Davidson," She repeated, typing it into the computer. "I'll have you added into the system, and I'll let him know that you're here,"

"Thank you." I smiled, walking to the communal table as I took a seat. "Whew!"

I pulled my cellphone out of my purse and noticed the new text messages.

ToyaBean: I know you're probably going to your meeting right now, but I want to tell you good luck! You're a hardworking person and have so much great in you. Call me when it's over! You got this!

I instantly texted her back, telling her thanks and that I'd call her afterward. I checked the other messages, seeing one from Terrell; it made me smile.