CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

W a i t i n g O n

T h e M o m e n t

The day seemed to go by fast after lunch. After the second table read, and the final break—we were through with today's chronicles and it was time to clock out. Doing so, I was happy to be finished with the day. Work was tiring and I messed up too many times today. Grabbing my things, I left the front area and the lobby, exiting out of the building. Mostly everyone from the building left already including Terrell.

"Breanna!" Malaysia's silvery tone of voice called, her high ponytail swinging as she ambled over to me. "You want to go out with Tatyana, Leandra and I? I'm buying."

Could I pass up a free meal? I loved food but being around someone that disliked me and vice versa would cause a lot of trouble.

"I don't know..." I admitted.

"Come, please..." She begged, battering her eyelashes while she pouted. "A FREE meal! I'll get you anything you want."

"Where are y'all going?" I wondered. I had to stop for gas since my car was soon going to reach two lines. Taking my car keys from my purse, I looked at her.

"L.A. Cafe, you'll like it." She answered.

"Never heard it, but fine, since you're buying." I giggled, swinging my keys around my finger. "But, I have to stop by the gas station. So, I'll use the GPS to meet y'all there."

"Okay, call me if you need anything..." She replied, walking off towards her car. She had a nice Toyota Camry that looked like a newer/older model. I could just tell that working at the company paid her well.

I headed towards my car, opening the door, and hopped inside, shutting the door as I then put my key into the ignition, turning the car on and turned on my GPS for the directions of the restaurant before pulling out of the parking lot. I stopped at the nearest gas station, making sure that I had my protection on me inside my purse and I stepped out of the car to pay for the gas then to start pumping it.

Watching my surroundings; I filled my car up and removed the gas pump to place it back and I covered the cap before getting back into the car. As I placed my seatbelt on and turned the car on, I locked the doors and heard a buzzing sound from my cellphone. I picked it up, staring at the Caller ID, it was, Terrell, as his name was under TerryBFF with a blue heart emoji and yellow sparkle emoji.

I smiled answering the phone, "Hey, Terry, what's up?"

"Nothing, you good?" He questioned, holding a voice filled with concern.

"Yeah, I am," I said, placing him on speaker as I pulled out of the parking lot. "I just came from putting gas and now I'm on my way to eat a meal with Malaysia, Tatyana, and Leandra."

"Okay be safe, and bring me something back, too." He stated.

"Sure, talk to you later."

"Aight, Lil' bit!" He chuckled, hanging up shortly afterward.

I placed my phone in the cup holder and let the GPS lead me towards the restaurant. It took me seven minutes to arrive at the place, as I parked and stepped out of the car. I walked towards the entrance, opening the door, and scanned the room. My eyes landed on curly big red hair as Tatyana waved me over.

My mouth curved into a smile, going over to their booth; I hugged them, even Leandra, and scooted over in the booth next to her.

"Did y'all order yet?" I looked at them, seeing menus placed in front of me that I instantly picked up.