CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
T h e G r i n d M o d e

Arriving at Eventide Pictures, I was more than ready for this photoshoot after a long day of work. After leaving Terrell's house, I went to my apartment and took a shower to get ready for my booking with The Perry's. I was excited to work with Katrina, Yvonne, and Kobe again. Last time I felt very comfortable with them; I hoped that it was the same way today.

Instantly, I noticed my cellphone buzzing; I got a new text message from my boyfriend, and a smile appeared on my face.

HoneyBunny: Sunshine, are you busy right now? I have a movie plan for us tonight. Are you down with that? I want to see you.

I tucked in my bottom lip, wanting to see him too, but I was in business mode. So, maybe after my photoshoots were through. I was glad that Malik helped me bring my clothes to my apartment, and I told him that I had to do some shopping at the stores for my apartments, so he left.

Me: I'm sorry, baby, but I'm running errands. I do want to see you! How about after I'm through? I'll let you know. I love you!

HoneyBunny: I love you too, sunshine. Well, aight, talk to you later.

I gathered my portfolio filled with pictures for the talent agents as I shut the car door and locked the doors, going to the front door.

I opened the door, entering the film studio, and kept moving until I found them in the main center area. I spotted a table filled with fruits, refreshments, and snacks that I'm guessing will get used in between takes. Music was also playing throughout the entire studio, as I loved the comfortable vibe they always had here.

"Breanna!" Katrina beamed, walking over to me in her high heels with her arms extended out. "I'm so happy to see you."

"Katrina!" I exclaimed, holding the folder in my arms as I hugged her. "I'm so glad to be working with you again,"

"You ready to get started?" Kobe asked, standing up from the chair.

"I am," I nodded, thinking of an idea. "Okay, for one of the photos, I'd like to take more up-close pictures, showing my face."

"That's not a problem. I have an idea to go along with your idea," Kobe replied, motioning me to meet him at the computer. "I've been using this effect lately, and I think it'll work well with your idea for a photo."

"Well, I trust your work, so I say we should do it."

I followed Katrina to the room as Yvonne was in the room looking at different looks.

"Yvonne, guess who's here!" Katrina squealed, pointing towards me.

"Breanna Davidson," Yvonne uttered, turning around with a smile on her face. "Happy to see you."

I hugged her, taking a seat in the chair. My hair was down and very curly as I wondered how Katrina was going to style it.

"I think that we should tease this up a bit," She said, staring at my face through the mirror. "And how do you feel about wearing your face bare of makeup? Showing off your naturalness?"

"I'm okay with showing my natural face," I affirmed, liking the idea of showing off my natural beauty on camera.

"Good!"

"To add onto the naturalness..." Yvonne declared, putting her finger to her lip. "Well, since this photo is a closeup, I say you can wear a cami and jeans. It gives the girl next door vibes, and it would be a great addition to add to your portfolio,"