CHAPTER FIFTEEN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

T h e S t a r t i n g

P o i n t

Twenty minutes later. . .

Early 2000's music played throughout the house from my Spotify playlist, as I cooked a big steak dinner that was one of my favorite meals, growing up. I finished cooking and cutting the steak sprinkling parsley on top and finished the asparagus as I worked on the pasta and shrimp. I sang along to Ashanti's song, Foolish, performing as if I was in a music video. Dancing, turning and singing along to the song as I completed the meal.

"You vibing, huh?" Terrell's voice appeared out of nowhere.

I jumped, turning around as I held a hand over my chest and looked at him with wide eyes. I had to keep my heart from racing as I playfully pushed him away.

"What's up with y'all scaring people?" I laughed, facing forward as I turned off the stove. Putting the food on two plates with the forks, I added my special sauce on to the steak before handing it to Terrell. "Eat, and enjoy!"

I paused the music on my phone sliding it into my robe pockets.

"Thanks," He replied, sitting it on to the table as he walked towards the cabinet, grabbing two glasses then towards the fridge to get us something drink. "What you want? I got Minute Maid, Sprite and Sunny D?"

"Minute maid is fine,"

I moved to the living room, taking a seat on the sofa and sat criss-cross, putting the plate on my lap as I grabbed the glass from Terrell, who sat in his recliner chair. He grabbed the fire stick remote and clicked on Netflix.

"What you want to watch?" He asked, scrolling through the movies on Netflix.

"I'm in the mood to watch a throwback movie, so..." I answered, sitting the glass on the coffee table, and stared at the screen. "Either Bad Boys or Baps?"

"Bad Boys, fo' sho!" Terrell excitedly said, pressing the movie Bad Boys. "I ain't seen this movie in a minute."

"I haven't in years, really excited for Bad Boys for Life too." I agreed, grabbing the fork as I tore a piece of steak and twirled in the pasta adding a shrimp, before inserting it into my mouth. The flavors and seasoning of the food tasted so good. I was very proud of myself for cooking this meal especially when it's been a while since I've made it. "It tastes so good..."

"It does, should I start calling you Chef Bre or something?" Terrell joked, eating the food as he focused his attention on the tv screen. "Food juicy and that steak tendered as hell. It ain't as tender as the steak that I cook but you a close second, shawty."

I rolled my eyes at his half-compliment, continuing to eat my food as Will Smith and Martin Lawrence appeared on the screen. It started with them driving in the car with Martin's character, Marcus Burnett spilling the fries in Will Smith's character, Mike Lowrey and getting held up on gunpoint.

Fifteen minutes in the movie, I dozed off after eating my food and was woken up by Terrell shaking me. I wiped my face, sitting up as I frowned until he pointed at my phone.

"I was just falling asleep too until ya' phone woke me up," He tossed it over with me, doing the chef's kiss. "I must say your food was bone, apple, tea."

"Goofy." I laughed, grabbing a pillow, to throw at him. He ducked too late as he threw it back at me before running upstairs.

Before I could react, my phone rung again as I looked at the number, not recognizing it yet I decided to answer it anyway. If they interrupted my good sleep then it had to be an important call.