CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

A M o m e n t T o

A p p r e c i a t e

Holding a high-waisted denim skirt and an off-the-shoulder yellow flower pattern shirt up to the mirror as I pictured it on my body. I wondered if I'd look good wearing the denim skirt since I haven't worn any before. I placed the shirt back as I decided that I was getting it. Leaving that rack, I walked to the other one with the fitted shirts and flipped through each clothing rack to find a cute shirt that'll look cute with this skirt.

While I was shopping, I felt my cellphone vibrating in my striped flare pants that I changed into also with a white tied knot tee and nude sandals after showering before we headed to the mall. Taking my cellphone from my brown coach purse, I stared at the screen seeing it was Terrell, who was waiting outside with all of my shopping bags in his hands. I laughed a little as I answered the phone because I remembered telling him that I was going to make him hold my bags, but I guess he didn't believe me.

"Hello?" I greeted him, placing my cellphone onto my ear as I continued to browse through the shirts.

"Are you done? I want to go look at the shoes in Nike," Terrell sighed, smacking his teeth shortly afterward as I heard movement in his background. "You needa' come grab these bags,"

"I'll be there," I giggled, hearing the hangup noise making my mouth drop. "I can't believe this dude hung up on me..."

I decided that the skirt wasn't worth it, so I placed it back onto the rack, leaving out of the place. It was crazy that I was feeling paranoid walking empty-handed, but as a black person, I became used to it. I drifted away from the store looking for Terrell as I spotted him on a bench with all my shopping bags in his hands as his face held a frown.

"Sorry," I apologized, taking hold of my bags from him as he remained silent, leaving me as he walked inside of Nike. Since I had so many shopping bags in my hand, I decided to wait for Terrell on the bench. While I waited, my cellphone rings causing me to think that my phone wasn't popping like this before I arrived in LA. As I checked my cellphone, it was no one other than Malik, causing a smile to appear on my face, so I immediately answered the phone, "Malik, hey, how are you?"

"Hey sunshine, I couldn't wait to hear your voice so, I called you now," He replied. "But I'm good, just cutting up some onions to add to my food. How are you?"

Him adding onions to his food had to mean that he was a good cook.

"Hmm, what are you cooking?"

"Smothered and covered chicken with an onion gravy with rice and asparagus," He answered. "Now, what are you doing at the moment?"

"That sounds good," I stated, thinking of all the flavors added together. "But, I'm shopping with Terry, he's in Nike, and I'm just waiting for him,"

"I ain't think you were talking about Terrell. Yall two are very close," He remarked. "But that's cool. When you see Terrell, tell em' he needs to get on 2K so I can beat him real quick."

"Yeah, that's my other half," I smiled, staring into my natural nails polished in clear polish. I wish that I could wear my acrylic nails but it couldn't with the job that I had at the moment. "But will do. If we're still talking, you can invite me over and cook a meal for me,"

"What you mean, if?" He repeated. "I don't plan on staying in this dating stage with you. I'm willing to commit with you and take it another step further. I like you a lot, but I'm also okay with you wanting to be in the dating stage until we become exclusive."