CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

S u p p o r t S y s t e m

Aaliyah's Come Over blared throughout Terrell's car as I left the gas station from pumping gas. It was around eleven whenever I left the studio and time to eat because I was starving. So, I was going to stop by a fast food joint to get something to eat for Terrell and I. As I stopped at the red light, I thought about the photoshoot. It was such a great experience that I'll always remember, especially when I had good energy in the room.

I wondered if Johnathan received the photos yet; as the light turned green. I started to drive and put on my turning signal so that I get in the direction of the first fast food joint that I saw, Wendy's. As I drove in the parking lot, I went around to get to the drive-thru, seeing how busy it was. I pulled up to the drive-thru's pack-line as the song changed to I Don't Wanna by Aaliyah, making me smile as I sang along to the words. I was singing it as if I was in my feelings as the music stopped.

I frowned, glancing at my phone as I realized someone was calling me and that person was Johnathan, so I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Breanna, I just got the photographs," He instantly said. "And I'm looking at it now; you did a great job. Every single one showed your talent, and the agency will be lucky to have you as a client."

"Thanks," I moved up the busy line. "It was a dope experience, and I really can't thank you enough for doing all these things for me, Johnathan. You could've made me pay for the photoshoot, and all but you didn't, so I'm thankful for that."

I still had no idea why he was helping me so much, especially whenever he didn't want me as a client.

"I told you that I was going to handle it for you," Johnathan reminded me. "When you make it in the entertainment industry, I want a huge shoutout,"

"That's all?" I asked him.

"I tell you what Breanna," He advised. "When you go to the agency and have your first meeting with the people, I will be there to support you. If it doesn't work out with them, then I'll give you the opportunity myself with a contract. I honestly don't want anything from you. The thing about Hollywood that you need to always take with you as you build your career, the connections, and the people you meet. Some people like me genuinely want to see people succeed, and I'm willingly going this for you."

"So, you're kind of like my mentor?"

"Yeah, it's a mentorship," Johnathan confirmed. "I had the experience of being mentored before, and it helped me a lot in my early career days. It was the best thing to ever happen to me and changed my life."

I see why he didn't want to make me pay upfront because I was going to pay him whenever we had our first meeting.

"I understand that now," I said, driving up to the speaker since it was time to order food, "Well, Johnathan I have to go because I'm in Wendy's drive-thru, talk to you later."

"Aight, I'll get your photographs printed out and turned into your portfolio," He added, ending the call.

"Welcome to Wendy's, please take a look at the menu, and I'll be right with ya," The cashier stated.

I dialed Terrell's number and waited for him to answer as he did on the second ring.

"What's up?" His husky and southern tone appeared on the line.

"I just finished doing my errands," I admitted, staring at the lunch menu. "Now, I'm a Wendy's, do you want anything?"

"Oooh, get me the big bacon classic combo," He stated. "A large fry and a large sprite,"