CHAPTER FOURTEEN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

F I R S T D A Y

B A C K

It was officially the most boring day of the week, Monday, as I wished it would go by fast today but of course, it wasn't. It was also the week that the company was getting ready to start the callbacks and shoot the movie, Moments of Devotion. I already knew that once I got inside of the building, I would have a folder filled with list of tasks that I would need to complete along with Mr. McKnight throwing out orders for me to do and don't get me started on Leandra breathing down my neck if I messed anything up that she wouldn't hesitate to tell on me for.

"Good morning Lil' bit!" Terrell greeted cheerfully, taking a bottle of water from the fridge.

He seemed to be in a good mood this morning, especially from yesterday as his sister, Toya left the afternoon. It was sad seeing her leave especially since I developed a bond with her and it was even sadder seeing Terrell hug his sister at the airport. I wanted to ask him if he was okay but I had to leave an hour earlier than him today.

"Morning, I got to hurry, see you at work," I waved, quickly leaving out of the door going directly to my car as I inserted my keys into the ignition and drove out of the neighborhood towards Freedream Film Productions.

It took me eight minutes to reach the building, as I parked in my usual parking spot and headed out of the car as I ambled to the front door seeing Leandra sauntering to the door. She glanced at me and scoffed as I inwardly rolled my eyes at her. It was obvious she didn't care for me and the feeling was mutual.

I opened the door, going to the room to clock-in the system as Leandra entered the room. I gave her a fake smile as she returned the favor and I left the room going straight to my desk as I checked out papers that were in the folder. I pulled out the papers that had a sticky note on the front that read: print and went towards the printer. I made sure the printer had ink, putting the copy page in the scanner and typed in the number of papers that I needed to print in for today.

"Morning," A deep, authoritative, and familiar voice uttered. "I hope you're ready to work extra hard today!"

Do I really have a choice?

"Of course," I forced a smile on my face as I stared at my boss, Mr. McKnight carrying his briefcase. "Papers are being printed as we speak."

"Good, send it to my office," He said, walking away from my desk before turning around. "And no coffee today,"

"Why not?" I lifted a brow. It was an everyday thing to make everyone in the production crew a coffee, as it became a routine to me and I enjoyed it, surprisingly. I never tried the coffee that I made but I always got compliments on the way I made it. "If you don't mind me asking, Mr. McKnight?"

"I ordered everyone in the building a coffee," He answered, smiling at me. I took notice that he had dimples, deep dimples at that. "Including Hendricks and you."

"I–I didn't have a problem making everyone a coffee," I stammered a bit, clearing my throat at the way he said you to me.

"You work hard enough, the coffee will be here shortly," He turned his head, going towards the elevator, without turning his head; he added before pressing the button on the elevator. "You're still required to bring it to everyone."

At least, I was still bringing people coffee. I checked on the papers that were still being printed as I heard the buzz come from the door signaling that someone was entering the building. The person continued to walk, meeting up with me at the desk, holding a warm smile on her face. I immediately checked out the bag that the person carried. It was a brown bag with Cocoa Connection Cafè labeled all over it in white wording that I found cute.