CHAPTER TWELVE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

S H O P U N T I L '

W E D R O P !

JAN 2020

There was no other hobby that I enjoyed more than shopping, as it always gave me a feeling of happiness, relief, and cheerfulness so I was thankful that the girls invited me to join them on a girl's day today. I needed it with the busy schedule I've had this entire week as I tried not to imagine what next week was going to bring due to the pre-production stages.

"Thank y'all for inviting me, I needed this," I told the girls, holding shopping bags from all the places we've shopped in. "I swear shopping is therapeutic, and I haven't been in so long..."

I bought a few things from different stores at the Grove shopping mall.

"Girl, I needed this too," Toya said, flipping through the clothes on the racks. "When I leave for my flight tomorrow afternoon, I'm going straight to work. No breaks, it's grind time."

"I feel that I'm happy both of y'all showed up," Tatyana affirmed. "It was crazy busy at work and I asked you to come with us, Breanna, because you're new in town and don't know much of LA really and Toya, it's been a while since we've last seen each other—so I think inviting y'all out to shop is a good way to connect and enjoy ourselves because what girl doesn't like to shop?"

"Exactly! I wasn't going to do anything but probably sleep in," I joked.

"Yes, ma'am—hold up, is this shirt cute to y'all?" Malaysia asked, holding a teal blue, long sleeve bow shirt in front of her as she scanned our facial expressions. "First, before y'all add a comment; imagine it with pair of black high-rise faux leather pants,"

I tried to picture the shirt and pants together.

"I don't know about that shirt, it's Wei—," Toya started to assert.

"Vintage, we call this vintage, baby girl," Malaysia snapped her fingers before she whined. "I like it though, Toyaaa..."

"It's cute," I said.

"Thanks, Bre, I know right," Malaysia replied, giving me a grin as she turned to glance at Tatyana for her opinion. "What you think, T?"

"That you'll buy it no matter my opinion," Tatyana teased, before taking the shirt into her hands. "Well, it's a cute shirt and the bow design is interesting like Toya was saying...but I guess, get it!"

"You know me so well, I was gonna' get it anyway." Malaysia giggled, sticking her tongue out.

"After you done, y'all want to get something to eat?" I questioned, hearing my stomach embarrass me for the umpteenth time. "My stomach is growling so loud."

"I wasn't going to say anything but I mean..." Tatyana looked to the side before we all burst into laughter. "But yeah, let's go, what y'all feel like eating though?"

"Let's go eat at the Cheesecake Factory!" Toya suggested, putting her cellphone back into her purse. "I'm in the mood to eat hot chicken nuggets."

My stomach seemed to growl even more after hearing that makes me frown.

"Oooh yes!" Malaysia asserted.

"That sounds good," Tatyana stated, "I guess after I pay for my things we can go there."

We all grabbed the clothes that we had in our hands and headed towards the cash register. The line was very long in Nordstrom maybe because it was the weekend because it was extremely busy. So, we had to wait in line which took a few minutes. I checked out the clothes that I was soon about to buy being a midnight burgundy velvet jumpsuit that was cute, along with a blue velvet bodice jumpsuit and a lace inset jumpsuit.