CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
D e e p e r C o n n e c t i o n s

Harmony's Gourmet wasn't too busy this evening. The host immediately found us all a spot in the back at a long table where we ordered our drinks, food, and starters before handing over our menus. Instead of getting the fried chicken like I got last time; I decided to choose something very different like the shrimp étouffée. Since the meal that I tried was good, I didn't expect anything less about the other meals served here.

"So, I finally decided on what place I want to go for my birthday!" Tatyana exclaimed.

Our attention all turned to her as I wondered where she decided to go for her birthday. I remember the conversations that we've had before and she mentioned Bora Bora or Miami so if a decision was made between those two places; I'd have to go shopping for bathing suits because I didn't have any whatsoever.

"We're all going to Miami!" Tatyana beamed. "Be sure to have your passports and tickets ready for next Friday afternoon. I've already taken care of where we're going to be staying, and it's at a villa. It's huge and has a lot of space,"

Miami? I was so excited to be able to join them on this trip because it was on the list of places that I wanted to visit. I just knew that it was going to be a fun experience, especially with all of them.

"I have to go shopping, Breanna you coming with me?" Malaysia asked.

I smiled, kind of surprised that she was asking me out of everyone sitting at the table. I figured that we were friends but not that close like she and Tatyana were but still, I liked Malaysia.

"Of course, I need a few bathing suits, myself," I answered, smiling at her.

Malik reached underneath the table, tapping my hand as I looked down at him holding his hands out for me to hold on to. I didn't hesitate for a minute as I entwined our hands together and I stared at him.

He smiled causing a blush to appear on my face because of the way he was staring at me, it was so intense that made me look away yet he rubbed my knuckles.

"Yay!" She exclaimed, taking my attention away from Malik though I continued holding hands with him.

Leandra studied me but didn't say anything, and turned her attention onto her phone again.

I was mighty surprised that Issac didn't come with us to the restaurant. Isaac barely interacted with the group and I wondered whether the group had a friendship with him in the first place, but I was still new to the group to even tell. However, it didn't seem like him not being here hurt anyone, yet I also wondered if he was going on the trip with us to Miami?

My thoughts seized as the waiter appeared at our table, carrying a tray with our drinks on it and a basket filled with bread rolls.

"I have here a basket filled with our honey bread rolls, four lemonades, one coke, two sprites," The waiter named Charlie confirmed, holding a tray of our drinks and the basket. "One lemon tea and a water with lemon,"

"Yes,"

Charlie then distributed the drinks in front of us, then the bread before telling us that it wouldn't be long before our meals were finished.

"So, Jason..." Leandra uttered, sitting her phone down. "How's it going with the app that you're building? I've been hearing all good things about it,"

Malaysia smiled as she stared at her boyfriend and you could see the proudness in her eyes.

"Well, it's in the pre-production process, still," Jason explained. "I'm working on the fine print right now and how I want the logo to be for the app that I'm designing. With the help of this beauty here and her great designing skills, she's a big inspiration for me with it,"