CHAPTER SIXTY

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
T h e B r e a k d o w n

I arrived at Cocoa Connection Café and parked in the front of the building. It wasn't too busy but there were a few cars in the parking lot. Stepping out of the car, I grabbed hold of my cellphone as I shut the door. I walked to the door, locking my car as I entered the café.

Checking out the place, I looked around the tables for Leandra and spotted her red curly hair at a booth with her back faced to the wall. I headed towards the booth, seeing her scrolling down her cellphone.

"Hi, Leandra," I greeted, wearing a smile on my face.

"Hey Breanna!" She beamed, standing up as she hugged me. "Take a seat, please,"

I took my seat across from her, adjusting myself in the booth as I sat my phone on the table.

A waitress appeared at the table holding a cup of coffee and bagels, sitting it in front of Leandra as she looked over at me.

"What would you like to drink?" She asked, holding her hands in front of her.

"Hmm, Leandra, what are you drinking?" I asked, staring at her cup of coffee.

"I have a medium roast coffee with cream," She answered, grabbing a sugar pack.

"Sounds good, I'll have the same and a bagel, thank you," I smiled, watching her leave from the table before averting my attention onto Leandra. "So, how are you?"

"You sound so formal, relax girl," She laughed, pouring the sugar into the coffee. "I'm glad that you agreed to come here. I know you're probably confused but I was very serious about us starting over,"

"I know," I replied, seeing the waitress moving to our booth. "Wow, this came back fast. Thank you,"

"Enjoy your coffee and bagels,"

The atmosphere in the cafe was so calming and comfortable. It was my second time being inside of this cafe and I enjoyed the vibes that it had including the brown, white aesthetic. I grabbed the sugar packs from the tiny tray on the table and tore it up to add it to my coffee.

"You look cute!" Leandra complimented, sipping on her coffee.

"Thanks," I said, stirring the spoon into the coffee as I looked up at her. "You too, wait, stripes? Twins?"

I wore a short sleeve, off the shoulders black striped bodysuit with black high waisted ripped jeans and a pair of black strappy sandals. My hair was styled in a high bun with neat edges. I kept a natural makeup look to my face.

"I just noticed that..." She gasped, sitting her coffee cup down. "I have a dress on though. No wonder we bumped heads at the beginning,"

"Yeah, I never had bagels before. Are they sweet?"

"It depends on the flavors," Leandra stated, checking the bagel. "I ordered us the chocolate chip flavored bagels,"

We were making small talk as I knew that this couldn't be the reason why she invited me to meet her here. I didn't know if I liked the chocolate chip flavored bagels though but the fact that she was paying; I was here for it.