CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
B u i l d i n g t h e F o u n d a t i o n

Work was tiring today since we were spending a lot of time on adding things to the set. I was tired as hell and was ready to head home to take me a quick nap. I don't remember the last time I've worked so hard that it led me to want to fall asleep in the daytime. Since we focused on doing the set, the production company was closed today, and we were getting ready for lunch.

"Uh—I'll take the nachos with sour cream," I ordered, looking at the food listed on the food truck. "Uh, and a fruit punch Minute Maid, that's it. Thank you,"

A food truck named Kash's Southern Factory stopped next to the building's parking lot, and I was so glad to see it. Especially when the owner was from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and wanted to bring the south's food to California. Before I could grab my wallet, an arm reached over me and handed the money over to the guy.

"Her food is on me..." Malik stated, jamming his hands in his pockets afterward as he scanned the food trucks' menu. "Can I get...um, the chicken sandwich and French fries? With a large strawberry lemonade,"

The worker wrote down the orders and handed us both a ticket as we walked to the picnic table. Other workers from our company started ordering their food, and since it was only two workers in the food truck. I knew it would take a while for our food to be ready.

"Thank you for paying for my order," I said, covering my mouth as I yawned.

"You're welcome," He replied, lifting my hand as he held onto it. "You sure you want to come over? It's because you sound tired, sunshine,"

"I don't know why I'm so tired today..." I sighed, laying my head on his chest. "But I'll be okay with going to your house. We have a few hours until then,"

"Aight, I'm just looking out for you, sunshine,"

"And that's why I love you..." I admitted, sitting up as I stared at him. I wanted to kiss him so bad as I now realized how hard it was to keep our relationship professional. "Hmm, are you sure that you don't want me bringing anything because I can buy us some games to play,"

While I talked; to Malik, I saw Terrell walking out of the building and heading towards the food truck. He looked around, turning his head as he found me, then turned his attention back onto the food truck.

It made me feel so sad, getting that reaction from someone that I consider my best friend. I fiddled with my fingernails, wondering if our friendship would even be the same.

"Yeah, that'll be cool..." Malik stated, rubbing my shoulders. "Tell me what's wrong with you. You playing with your nails now, you good?"

I couldn't tell Malik that I was sad about Terrell and our friendship not being the same after knowing that Terrell had feelings for me. I didn't want Malik to ruin his friendship with Terrell. Since, before I got here, everyone already was close friends.

"It's nothing serious for you to worry about, honeybunny," I grinned, looking at him. "I'll buy date night games for tonight. Make it more fun, and I can also get us a cake,"

"If I tell you that I'm more of a cupcake person, would that take a toll on our relationship?" He joked, playing with our fingers.

"I like cake, but I love cupcakes, so no, you're good," I giggled, tilting my head to the side. "However, it depends on the cake flavors...what's your favorite cake flavor, baby?"

"I do like those sliced cakes in those boxes, though," He chuckled, rubbing his chin. "But, for my favorite cake flavor, it's between chocolate, red velvet, and vanilla. How about you, mama?"