CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
T H E R A P Y & S E L F - C A R E

"Whew!" I sighed, shutting my eyes as I laid down on the massage table while getting my back oiled down and massaged. "Thank you for doing this for us..."

"I know how we all work so hard at our jobs," Tatyana explained, eyes brightening. "I just wanted to treat my girls,"

"Mhm, this feels so good," Leandra mumbled.

"Baby, this is what I needed," Toya asserted. "I didn't realize that I had so much tension in my back."

"Y'all are very welcome..." Tatyana replied. "Malaysia, how are you feeling?"

Malaysia didn't respond as I fluttered my eyes open and tried to see what was going on with her. I lifted a bit, noticing why there was no response from her was because she was sleeping. I didn't blame her because it felt good enough to fall asleep.

"This is so relaxing!"

The massages were almost over, and I was pleased with my masseuse. He was very gentle, and it all simply felt great. I'm sure that I shed a few tears during the process, and I know that it came from the stress that I've had from trying to make my acting career happen because the masseuse lingered more onto my lower back, but I didn't complain.

The massages continued for a few more minutes, and then it was over as I walked into the bathroom to slip into my bathing suit and back into my robe, where I found my phone in my pocket. I was ready for the next thing on the to-do list of our spa day treatment as I walked out of the room and onto one of the chairs.

"I feel so light now," Toya stated, taking a seat next to me. "Like vibrant, you?"

"Yes, kinda' relieved and radiant," I agreed, nodding my head as a smile crossed my face. "I needed this."

"Did you fall asleep or laugh?" Toya questioned. "I believe that I did a mixture of the two,"

"I cried," I said. "I don't know, but it made me emotional, yet, I feel better now, like a feeling of relief."

"I love that with getting massages, there's different feelings and experiences for everyone," She noted.

"Right." I smiled, hearing someone leave out of the room.

"Hi, y'all!" Leandra greeted happily, walking out of the massage room. "Feeling relieved and at peace, how about y'all?"

"Same, we were just talking about it," I told her.

"Yeah, I'm very relaxed," Toya uttered.

"It made me think about so many things, and Breanna," Leandra called, taking a seat on the other side of me. "I want to again apologize to you for how I acted towards you whenever you first arrived at the production company."

"It's okay, girl, we squashed things, we're fine,"

"I also would like to take you on the offer of going shopping together," She continued, grabbing my hand. "I could honestly see us growing a friendship. You are a fun girl, and we have a lot of things that we can do together,"

I smiled, appreciating the apology and the offer of friendship. We didn't need to beef or have issues at the production company. Especially since I was still going to work there with my new apartment and how I needed a job until my career started.

"That sounds good, very fun actually," I giggled, hugging her.

"I live for that," Toya commented. "Girl empowerment!"

I laughed, seeing Malaysia and Tatyana leaving out the massage room.

"Are y'all ready for the pedicures and manicures?" Tatyana asked, walking towards us. "While we're getting them done, Breanna and I made mocktails since we still have to go to the club later."